In Loving Memory of Scott Schaeffer

Buzzard

It is with deep remorse and sadness that I have to report that Scott Schaeffer, one of my best friends and co-owner of Xtreme Motorsports passed away Friday February 4, 2011 after a long fight with cancer.

Born and raised in Chicago, Scott moved to Arizona in 1999 and discovered Xtreme Motorsports shortly thereafter – as soon as they opened their doors. Scott grew up around muscle cars and Corvettes, in fact Corvettes have been a part of his family since before he was even born. He developed an affinity for racing in high school and his interest only grew from there. Within a few years he began racing his turbo charged truck and moved onward and upward to racing his Grand National Turbo Buick.

Scott divided his time at the shop between customer relations and relationship building and rolling up his sleeves to help out when he was needed. Scott’s passion for high performance cars was fueled by his fascination with the speed, style and abilities of the vehicles. More than anything, he believed that the architecture and design is what draws a person to a car, and the performance can be perfected afterward. Which is where he came in – his true passion was taking something great and making it even better.

Scott raced his Turbo Buick and was often be found at shows, the drag strip or working on his Corvette. His most recent accomplishments include placing second in the non-electronics bracket at 1320x, one of only 100 cars in the class to proceed that far. He’s also won Arizona’s Fastest Street Car and placed multiple times in the finals in this event as well as the 2008 West Coast Hot Rod Event and the Truck and Nationals Event.

Scott drove a 2006 Z06TT prepared and built by Xtreme at the Texas Mile in March 2010 to a speed of 204.6 mph. Breaking the 200 mph barrier was one of Scott's and Xtreme's proudest moments.

Scott was a big, happy, gregarious guy that brightened every room that he entered. He always seemed to have a smile on his face and a joke to tell. Scott will be missed by all of his friends, and business associates. Scott is survived by his wife Gabby.

God Speed Buddy, Blow thier doors off up there.

Attachments

• dl 11 30 09 146.jpg
    dl 11 30 09 146.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 158
Thank you

I met Scott enough times to enjoy being around him,
his friendly smile and laugh will be missed!
RIP my friend!

Jan, keep your head up. Scott will always be missed but not forgotten. I consider scott a friend of mine and it was always nice to spend time with him. My prayers are with everyone.

RIP Man

Jan,

I found out about this Saturday night, I was lost for words. I didnt know Scott very long, but I considered him a good friend. I always looked forward to seeing him and being able to catch up on what was going on.

He was one of the nicest guys I have met, I feel very fortunate to have known him...

I didn't know him at all but I'm really sorry for your loss and what his familyu must be going through as well. :(