In car manual boost control

If it's electronic then no. If you're running a vacuum line to a MBC in the cabin, then yes

How would it slow spool? If anything I can see it causing some boost creep issues.

After researching and finding my orginal instructions for my Turbonetics "Dial a Boost", this is what I found. Nothing about slow spool up but rather spikes. Below is a quote from the following webpage under the "Dial a Boost" section:

http://www.racetep.com/turbo.html#dab

"Manual boost controllers are also very prone to boost spikes. This occurs when the VBC is open all the way and small diameter hose is being used. The boost pressure builds faster than the hose can flow which lets the turbo spike up big boost numbers until the pressure fights its way through the small hose to the diaphragm, then the boost drops back down. This is a dangerous situation since the spike can blow up your engine before you know what happened. The best way to minimize spike is to keep the manual boost controller located under the hood with as short a length of hose as is possible. This is easily demonstrated by you picking up a piece of ¼" hose 4 feet long and trying to breath through it. Go ahead, try it. Pretty tough isn't it. Now cut the hose in half and try it. Much easier. Your turbo and wastegate feels the same way.'

I didn't notice spikes when I used to use the in car controller with my GN but the I was also using a Deltagate.

It looks like the Halman In-car boost setup here is probably the best bet for in car control using a MBC : Hallman Evolution In Car Boost Controller Kit :: Hallman Boost Controllers :: Boost Controllers | Boost Controller Store

This one uses a cable for remote adjustment so the MBC is able to be located close to the wategate and turbo.

I wanted to use a BSTc but you can't find them anymore :frown:

The AEM "Tru-Boost" I have in the GN is awesome but too pricey for the daily driver. FYI: Very good EBC for anyone thinking about using one

I am using the Hallman Pro MBC. It's mounted off the turbo heat shield. No issues with spike.
I cant' see how using a in car controller will change anything as long as it's a mechanical cable.

I am using the Hallman Pro MBC. It's mounted off the turbo heat shield. No issues with spike.
I cant' see how using a in car controller will change anything as long as it's a mechanical cable.

I agree and that coincides with my findings. :) I can get the Halman Pro with remote cable for around 140.

Member R.I.P.92Rolla has one in his car and the adjustment knob is in place of the cigarette lighter. Good place to hide it :D:D