Im Worried Now, Please Help...

86turbonational

Well I am in the beginning of my body off resto. on my 85 t-type and i just seen something that has me really worried right now. I knew when i got this car that it needed floor pans and that wasnt gonna be an issue, well tonite i started ripping the interior out and finally got the carpet out and holy sh** theres NOTHING left!!! I mean when i lifted up the carpet the floor was stuck to the carpet!!

It gets worse, the transmission tunnel is rotted all the way around!!! I can see the whole back of the transmission and drive shaft!!!

The complete outer body and a frames are mint. the inside of the trunk and the frame is mint too, just the floors. they are rotted from just behind the front seats all the way up to the brake/gas pedals and from rocker to rocker.

my rocker panels are rust free though. Im trying to figure out if anyone has used the shermans floor pans and how much they actually cover. also i cant see the firewall yet but it appears to be in ok shape looking from the engine down.

my options right now are to,

1 fix this car ( which i really wanted to do )

2 find a ssolid roller somewhere for like 1000

3 buy a regal body and swap my frame/vin/and everything else

I want this car to be worth something when im done so the vin swap doesnt seem like the way to go.

Guys... I need opinions here and fast. I am pretty good with a welder but im not very farmiliar with these cars. If this was a unibody i would not even attempt to fix this but im told since its a full frame it doesnt really matter how stout the floors are.

Thanks in advance

jamie...

Get floors cut from a donor car. Contact Brian at G Body Parts as he probably has some.

Make sure the body mount area is solid or the body will drop to the frame. Consider jigging the body when installing the floor section to insure it goes in straight.