Im scared of my car.....

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Just got my TT chip from Eric for my SMC alky kit. 25 psi i adjusted the kit to bring spray on sooner. At 20psi zero knock and this TE44 spooled up so damn fast i was in the middle of the road sideways ready to piss my pants. That is all.

And i havent tuned it yet...stuck the chip in, turned the wick up a few notches and went. I will do a thourogh scanmaster tune this weekend. My buddy gave me thiscstuff called boostane. Hecruns it in his Subaru STI...says its good stuff

And i havent tuned it yet...stuck the chip in, turned the wick up a few notches and went. I will do a thourogh scanmaster tune this weekend. My buddy gave me thiscstuff called boostane. Hecruns it in his Subaru STI...says its good stuff
Last year I had my car on the dyno in Daytona with Cal and he tested the Boostane additive which he now is a vendor for.....anyway, I'm almost sure that it was discussed that it was not advised to run alky and boostane at the same time....might want to look into that. just sayin...

Ill look into that, i just gotca bottle of it...ill.do research. Thanks grey racer

What converter combo?
I knew something technical like this was going to come up. I purchased this car from a guy in Oklahoma, that owned it for a year but did not drive it. Therefore sold it to me. As i looked back at receipts, i see various things such as T/A headers for 700 bucks damn near, 10" 2800 lock up convertor...stuff like that from Gbody.com. As far as internals..I also have a receipt for Mahle pistons, which leads me to believe that the internals were worked somewhere down the line...but to what extent???? Before I purchased it, i brought it to a guy that used to race TBs in the past down here and Texas, and he did a few looks checked compression etc...For the deal I got, i decided to put Alky on it after our talk and run the damn thing. If it blows, ill get another motor. I sold a mid 11 mustang that I built before buying this...and this feels faster for some reason. I really dont drive it much, just tinker here and there learning it and about Buicks. Always wanted one.

Me and my sons car

Attachments

• SubstandardFullSizeRender_102.jpg
    SubstandardFullSizeRender_102.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 172
I did have the intake and throttle body worked by Steve Monroe..heads this winter probably

Attachments

• SubstandardFullSizeRender_120.jpg
    SubstandardFullSizeRender_120.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 182
Just got my TT chip from Eric for my SMC alky kit. 25 psi i adjusted the kit to bring spray on sooner. At 20psi zero knock and this TE44 spooled up so damn fast i was in the middle of the road sideways ready to piss my pants. That is all.
Nice... just be careful with the Smc kit its not recommended highly for our cars, might want to change that one day to an alky control kit...
And boostane is good stuff, I use it all the time with great results....Happy spooling!

Smc isn't recommended? That was a very popular kit a long time back. Yes julio makes a superior kit imop these days but his Smc kit will be fine if maintained properly