I'm not saying but????

jlat

hello ladies and gents of the turbo; What do yous think of this? I buy an item in the for sale section and the part that was sent was not the item in the discription. It took a while but I got some money back. It's a well known vendor not on the East Coast. They charged me a restocking fee for the wrong item being discribed.
It was $50.00 swing to send it back and restocking fee.
I don't think that was right and it is in my memory banks.
IBBY

When you received the part did you call to tell them they sent you the wrong part? Just went through that with the catch can I just installed. Got sent one with out mounting holes. The vendor (not TB vendor) was very helpful on the phone and sent me an email with an attachment to print out a UPS label. No cost to me...

hello people; Happy Easter if that means much to ya. I asked all the correct questions via E-mail so there was no question with what the item is. I dragged my ass a bit but the problem wasn't hard to figure out. No problemo and I know the party is reading this.
The weather was kinda nice today and all the peoples toys are coming out. On the way home today I ran up on a real new Viper convertible. Sounded nice but he was keeping real cool. Quite a car.
IBBY

When I sold you the springs 3 months ago, I said they were in a customer's GN, and gave you the part number.

You decided not to use them, and I told you that there WILL be a restocking fee if you returned the springs.

If they were defective or did not fit, I would have gladly refunded your money like I have done in situations the past.

You are the one being a whining brat about this, and out of thousands of transactions with people on this board, I finally had to deal with you, typical of some my retail customers that I had to put up in my shops.

The bottom line is your attitude pissed me off on the phone, so you were told of a restocking fee which I have NEVER charged anyone else.

always two sides to every story.
seems like jlat forgot a few parts of the conversation.

You are the one being a whining brat about this, and out of thousands of transactions with people on this board, I finally had to deal with you, typical of some my retail customers that I had to put up in my shops.

The bottom line is your attitude pissed me off on the phone, so you were told of a restocking fee which I have NEVER charged anyone else.

Sometimes ya have to listen to your feelings as you deal with people. I have never dealt with him an he works in my small town. I just didn't have a warm fuzzy feelin with him. :rolleyes:

But charge him a restocking fee just because "his atittute"? What kind of buisness man is that? Specially in a used iteam? I think learning to deal with people like that should be part of owning a buisness.

just my opinion. Not saying hes right at all.

Devil is in the details. Could have just sold the springs and moved on and saved a bunch of silliness.

hello friends of the Buick?: Whining or not telling me there a 2" drop spring and questioning P/N's that didn't jive started right from the beginning and what was said to be so was not is not right. Arizona did you look at our e-mails? I don't care who's who but when you sell something and it's not what you say it's BS.. So restock all you want we both know you made a boo-boo.
I did try to sell them on another site but that was a no go.
over and out
IBBY
PS; If it doesn't get conveniently deleted. Search (Hotchkis rear lowering springs) sold by Arizona. He did sell me the wrong spring.
Are we having fun yet?

But charge him a restocking fee just because "his atittute"? What kind of buisness man is that? Specially in a used iteam? I think learning to deal with people like that should be part of owning a buisness.....

Sounds like you never owned a business? I have had MANY successful ones. I sell parts and work on turbo Buicks, not for the money, but because I enjoy the people and share their passion.

I do put up with a little crap, but sometimes you have to draw a line.

In dealing with many owners here, I send many parts based upon their word the check will be sent later.

This is, and was not, about the money, but the way he acted and talked. I did tell him to sell the springs, and I would help cover any $$ difference.

I do not need his money or the re-stocking fee, and if anyone wants these almost new rear lowering springs for a GN, I will gladly send them, and not charge for the springs or shipping! :)

If this thread has accomplished one good thing, it is a message for sellers and vendors to know what this guy is all about. ;)

Sounds like you never owned a business? I have had MANY successful ones. I sell parts and work on turbo Buicks, not for the money, but because I enjoy the people and share their passion. ;)

I think the problem isn't that you charged a restocking fee but that you charged one as a form of punishment having never charged one before.

Also, We all have a passion for these cars but if it wasn't for the money you wouldn't be in this business.

D

Also, We all have a passion for these cars but if it wasn't for the money you wouldn't be in this business. D

You do not know me and are NOT qualified to make that statement as it is NOT true.

Opinions are one thing, but your comment is way off base. :(

You do not know me and are NOT qualified to make that statement as it is NOT true.

Opinions are one thing, but your comment is way off base. :(

I don't want to be an ass but you do sell products made by other vendors. We all need to make money. I understand that. I don't have a problem with that. Rhetorical question. What do you make a year from GN product sales? 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k? When does it become a business? Just saying.

While he appears rather calm on here you are coming across in a rather unprofessional manner. I've seen many post against vendors on here and they were handled well. Hey! we all get mad. People are watching though.

Although, I do not know what you've endured during communication with the buyer so I/we, the money spending enthusiast, only have what we read on here to go by.

Once again. To the Buyer. What did you purchase and what are you saying you received instead?

D

hello people; If you go to that old for sale add Arizona put up you'll see what he was suppose to sell me.
I was suppose to get 19114R hotchkis used set of rear springs. 2" drop
He sent the 1901 1" drop. Also these springs will work on out cars but are not made for them. I'd rather get pissed than get pissed on.
That was suppose to be funny so lighten up if you don't take it that way.
It's a pretty simple deal and it's easy to understand .
Arizona did you look at our past e-mails.
IBBY