I'm new

motroman

I just bought(sort of) an 86 GN, completely stock and pristine, with 55k from the original owner(sort of).

I've always wanted one of these cars. They look great, fast as stink, but never really thought I would get one.

However, a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were cruising down El Camino when we spotted one parked with a "for sale" sign.

A couple of days later we both drove the car and agreed to buy it, subject to smog(bad news)

The car passed the Calif. Smog, except for the idle CO2! We've checked everything and now have started to replace parts.

It will pass, we just have to find out what's causing it to fail.

Anyway, I'm glad to be among the Turbo Buick bretheren.:) :)

Welcome

gofastbuick is a smog expert living in Sacramento. He knows this stuff cold. post in the emissions section and he'll walk you through whatever you need to do. :)

Welcome motroman , and SuperSix is right we have a place were you can get some helpful hints and suggestions from. The two techs in that forum are great guys and know the business followed by some of the finest members/owners of GNs are here @ TB.com

Thanks everyone. It's great to be here and connect with you guys.

I told our mechanic about this site so hopefully he's connecting with the guys you mentioned.

BTW, he's a certified "gross polluter" technician so he's familiar with solving these problems,..but not that familiar with GN's.

He's confident it will pass and so am I and the current owner.

We've settled on price and done the deal. I just can't write the check to him until it clears smog, because, in California, no smog, no registration.