Im new to Va. Need Info/Help

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
Im in the Coast Guard and im getting stationed in Chesapeak, Virginia (the wife is looking for houses near Elizabeth City, NC). I "NEED" to find out where the dragstrips are. I have a 10 sec 86 GN with the usual stuff, im from Miami and i would like to be "one of the guys" in the Va/Nc Turbo Buick scene. Im your natural gearhead that just wants to help everyone out with their headaches and you with mine. The GN is the daily driver and i have a 9 sec SBF(nitrous) Ranger with no cage for grudge/street races. I just want to break sh*t and fix sh*t. I hope you guys welcome me as one of your own. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys in advance. Jose

The base i will be it is the Navy base that is in the woods on Ballashack rd near the Va/Nc border. Its called USGC Camslant. The reason in looking at Elizabeth City is because i need a bigger home with at least a 2 car garage and the best bang for the buck. Plus the commute is only like 30 miles from Elizabeth City to the base. But since i will be new to the area, im open to any suggestions. Thanks again.

E-city is a good ways from that base....nothing's near that. Look in southern great bridge or the Hickory area. They both have good schools if you have children. Look into moyock or Camden county.closer to work, rural and the best bang for the Buck.
When ya moving?

E-city is a good ways from that base....nothing's near that. Look in southern great bridge or the Hickory area. They both have good schools if you have children. Look into moyock or Camden county.closer to work, rural and the best bang for the Buck.
When ya moving?

I should be there by mid October after taking leave and taking care of things back in Miami. Hopefully i get to rip up the track before it starts getting too cold. Im looking forward to being in Va and i cant wait to see the GN guys drool when they see mine. I hope to make some friends in the GN group out there to contact when the gremlins decide to show up.

I live in the Elizabeth city area and I commute to VA each day. I have been doing it for years. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get to the CG base in cheasapeake via hwy 17. Not long at all. There are 2 tracks that are close to Elizabeth City. There is northeast dragway which I visit often, that is in hertford NC only about 15 minutes. The other is Outbanks dragway only about 40-45 minutes from EC. Both tracks are relatively new and are very nice. Outerbanks is all concrete and we like to call it the house of hook. It would be great to have another buick owner at the track to tune with and cut down mustangs. Feel free to ask anymore questions I would be glad to help.