I'm headed to TEXAS!!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Alright guys a fellow GN owner is headed to the DFW area. First thing I need to know is does Texas have a physical inspection? Do I need to put my Catalitic converter on to pass emissions or inspection?

Thanks
FS

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
Alright guys a fellow GN owner is headed to the DFW area. First thing I need to know is does Texas have a physical inspection? Do I need to put my Catalitic converter on to pass emissions or inspection?

Thanks
FS

:( Yes sir. I change mine out once per year.:eek:

Re: Re: I'm headed to TEXAS!!

Originally posted by fast86gn
:( Yes sir. I change mine out once per year.:eek:

No problem them, looks like I'll put the cat back in before it hits the car hauler. So, emission tests are once a year?

FS

If you are going to be in Dallas or Tarrant or Collin county you will have to do a treadmill type inspection, run the car at different speeds and loads with the sniffer in the tailpipe. Inspections in other counties will differ by county/city. I've got a THDP with both a straight pipe/dump and a cat conv, takes 5 minutes to swap them in and out to pass emissions.
Welcome to TEXAS! It will be alot drier here than Washington state!

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Welcome to TEXAS! It will be alot drier here than Washington state!

LOL!!! To true, to true. I'm looking forward to drier weather and year round fun in the GN.

I'm flying down this Friday for the next 5 days to house hunt in the Flower mound area....

LOL!!! To true, to true. I'm looking forward to drier weather and year round fun in the GN.

I'm flying down this Friday for the next 5 days to house hunt in the Flower mound area....
You'll find housing costs are probably much lower here too compared to the nice homes you will find in the Flower Mound area....you'll be right in the middle betweem Dallas and FTW and can make all the Buick Club events :) go to lspbc.org for info.

If you are still here on Sunday, come out to the Bass Pro Shops at Grapevine Mills mall from 1-5pm there's a car show there the club is hosting, there'll be lots of TRs there, and my TTA.....you can't miss this mall, is right on the left after you leave the airport heading to Flower Mound down Hwy 121.

I've been to that Bass Pro shop before, that thing is HUGE!!! I'll be in town 5 days so, stopping by on Sunday shouldn't be a problem. I have about 15 houses picked out that I need to see before I make an offer.

Looks like I'll be staying in Keller at the Dominion Town Center until I find a house.

Thanks for the help! It is appriciated :)

FS

Thanks Joshua, and those who have replied.h

I've been told that Texas is freindly... Can't wait to get settled in and take the GN out! I'll post again when I get situated in my new house.

FS

Thanks Joshua, and those who have replied.h

I've been told that Texas is freindly... Can't wait to get settled in and take the GN out! I'll post again when I get situated in my new house.

FS

Don't forget to come see us at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine, the show runs 1p- 5p. :cool:

Originally posted by fast86gn
Don't forget to come see us at Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine, the show runs 1p- 5p. :cool:

I'll swing by for a short time. I'm staying at the Marriott just down the road so it shouldn't be a problem. Please have a "BIG BAD Buick" shirt ready for me:) I'll take an XL. Of course I'll pay the $15.

FS

I'll swing by for a short time. I'm staying at the Marriott just down the road so it shouldn't be a problem. Please have a "BIG BAD Buick" shirt ready for me:) I'll take an XL. Of course I'll pay the $15.

FS

You got it! I have 'em in stock.

Originally posted by 87grandnat
hey, i want one too.

i'll be there, and i am finally gonna joing the club

Cool:cool: We'll save you a spot.

The Big Bad Buick shirts and the Go Fast with Class shirts are in stock and ready to be sold. :D