I'm gonna be a hooker!!!

boostfreak

knock? is that good?
Haha, thought that would get all of your attention. Well, as some on the board know, I'm in the army. I did the ground thing for a while but decided to follow my pop's footsteps and go to flight school a little while back. Well, I finally finished my initial rotary wing training and yesterday I selected my advanced airframe. I got the bird I wanted, the CH-47 Chinook. I will start the Chinook course in January and hopefully be on my way back downrange shortly after that. I can't tell you how happy I am. My dad flew chinooks when he was in the army. He died when I first started flight school. I was happy that he saw me get in, and now I know he's looking down and smiling at the next generation of "hooker" pilot. I will be posting some pics soon hopefully. Excessiv gave me a GN patch for the back of my helmet, so I'll be sure to get some of those in too. God Bless and have a good weekend!:biggrin:

01+U.S.+Army+CH-47+Chinook+helicopter.jpg

Congrats!

I almost did the same back in 88' while in Germany! Got past the FAST testing and physical then DD cut orders for me to PCS back to the states (needed Armor Instructors at Knox). I'm sure your dad would be PROUD!

Thanks man. I was just in Germany about a year ago. Wouldn't mind going back to fly for "Big Windy".

Oh GOD,
Now every time I load onto a sh@thook I'll wonder if your driving.:D

Good stuff brother look forward to jumping out of your ride 1200 ft up.

Congratulations (again)...I think you'll enjoy it. When I had to pick between the Chinook or the Blackhawk I actually hesitated for second...but then I came to my senses and chose the Blackhawk :p.

Have fun and good luck in the course...by the way, did I mention I'm retiring in a year? I'll watch your T-Type while you're deployed (that is if we ever get it out of Bill's shop :p ).

Gordy,
It's Josh how the heck are you doing? Heard you were back in the states, are you back at Campbell? Or are you coming back to Campbell?

Oh GOD,
Now every time I load onto a sh@thook I'll wonder if your driving.:D

Good stuff brother look forward to jumping out of your ride 1200 ft up.

Haha. Yeah man. It's a scary thought that the army would allow me to fly this thing. I have to fight to figure out how to get out of my sheets in the morning so you can imagine me in the cockpit, haha.

Congratulations (again)...I think you'll enjoy it. When I had to pick between the Chinook or the Blackhawk I actually hesitated for second...but then I came to my senses and chose the Blackhawk :p.

Have fun and good luck in the course...by the way, did I mention I'm retiring in a year? I'll watch your T-Type while you're deployed (that is if we ever get it out of Bill's shop :p ).

I'll be lucky to get to A-stan. I have a gut feeling I'll be seeing Korea first. Thanks for such a generous offer to watch my car. Then you can have a Buick you actually drive besides on and off a trailer :eek:.

Gordy,
It's Josh how the heck are you doing? Heard you were back in the states, are you back at Campbell? Or are you coming back to Campbell?

I'm at Ft. Rucker, I'll be retiring in a year and the wife's plan is to settle down in the Hunstville area...though, the reality will be that we settle where we can both start new careers (she retires two years after me).

I'll be lucky to get to A-stan. I have a gut feeling I'll be seeing Korea first. Thanks for such a generous offer to watch my car. Then you can have a Buick you actually drive besides on and off a trailer :eek:.

Do whatever you can not to go to the ROK, it's not a good assignment for a first term aviator straight out of flight school unless you commit to staying there for more than a year.

And don't hate my Buick just because she's pretty...

DSC00391.JPG

And don't hate mine because it's perpetually broke and has more wires than an electrical substation! By the way, I'm not sure you're allowed to park there....:D

And don't hate mine because it's perpetually broke and has more wires than an electrical substation! By the way, I'm not sure you're allowed to park there....:D

I just talked to Bill...I'm pretty sure he hates your car. He said he hasn't found a bolt yet that was tightened properly anywhere on the car, when he put it on the lift and raised it up stuff started to fall off of it (literally...bolts just started leaping off the car), at some point someone decided that it would be a good idea to pin the electrical wires between the body bushings for the hot wire kit, something about your exhaust being a royal PITA because of something someone else did, and the grounds for your motor...weren't.

I just talked to Bill...I'm pretty sure he hates your car. He said he hasn't found a bolt yet that was tightened properly anywhere on the car, when he put it on the lift and raised it up stuff started to fall off of it (literally...bolts just started leaping off the car), at some point someone decided that it would be a good idea to pin the electrical wires between the body bushings for the hot wire kit, something about your exhaust being a royal PITA because of something someone else did, and the grounds for your motor...weren't.

Well jeez....what's the bad news?:D

Congrats! I was going to put in a packet, but i failed the AFAST and then I got DA selected to be a darn recruiter.:frown: