I'm back

10secvega

Going at 7:00 am tomorrow morning to take my CDL test.Should be back to work in a week or so.I can start working on my project again.I did play with it a couple of times when i had nothing better to do.Got all the intercooler piping done except i need one 90' coupler.So i'll start off with what i have to refreshen evryone.A 1976 Cosworth Vega with an 87 GN motor.An aftermarket FMI (24x12x3) with 3 in inlet and outlet.Running 2 1/2 in tubing from turbo to ic and 3 in from ic to manifold.I'm going to build a 3 inch downpipe.The motor is stock other than a mild port job on the stock turbo.

Now for some questions,I'm going to run a bosch 286 inliune pump and want to know should i just plumb it in 1/2in or stay with 3/8.I want to run as much boost as the stock turbo will allow (22-24 psi).Will 2 3/4 inch be large enough piping for the cold air intake?And what lb/hr injectors do i want to go with?

Heres a link with some pictures-------->
http://www.knights-rule.com/cgi/gallery/Fast-Vega

10secvega said:
Now for some questions,I'm going to run a bosch 286 inliune pump and want to know should i just plumb it in 1/2in or stay with 3/8.
3/8 should be fine into the 9's with that car.

10secvega said:
I want to run as much boost as the stock turbo will allow (22-24 psi).Will 2 3/4 inch be large enough piping for the cold air intake?
If you're cramped for room under the hood I'd use it unless 3 inch or larger will fit.

10secvega said:
And what lb/hr injectors do i want to go with?
Depends how fast you want to go. 42's 55's 60's.

Just go with 60s, unless you want to basically do a *full* race setup.

I've been running them for almost 2 years in a 3.8, with a 206/206 cam. Not problems at all. From Commanders (Bob Baily), ME's (Steve Y), to Eric, they all have them dialed in chip wise.

10secvega, I am glad to hear that you found another job, but even happier that you are back to working on this project.
As for your questions, I typically find that it is best to over due it. If you are going to have to run fuel lines, why not just upgrade now. The injectors I would go with 60's, turbotweak can setup a chip for all stock, but when you do upgrade(and you will, don't kid yourself) you will not have to get new injectors also. As far as air intake and downpipe go, make them as big as will fit. An engine is an air pump!
Please keep me updated, I am excited to see this thing run.

Sounds like i'm going with 60Lb inj.What i want to do is have 2 different chips on for race with high boost and one to run on the street with 93/94 octane.

I'm not actually back to work yet.Really close gat 4 really good jobs lined up.

I'm going to start fabing the down pipe this week.I'll post pics as i go along.

I can't wait to see what you do with the downpipe. Something you may look in to for the chip is a Caspers 8 position thumbwheel chip. You can set up three positions for pump gas, four for race gas, and one for no start. I actually have one that I haven't used yet. I would love to sell it. It hasn't been burned yet, but turbotweak can take care of that.
Keep me informed on the downpipe.