IL or midwest engine builder?

TRYMY231S

GTP Tranny Killer
Does anyone know of a reputable engine builder in the Chicago area? I'd be willing to drive a couple hundred miles if necessary but don't really want to.

TIA

ANS in Melrose Park..they have been specializing Turbo Buicks as long as anyone. They advertise on this website. Heard nothing but good things about them.

Prasad, yes I am. :D

I talked to ANS about two months ago about building me an engine. He told me that it would be around $3200 with machine work and assembly if I supplied the block and crank. This is with billet mains. I have a full estimate at home but I'm at work right now and don't have access to it.

I now have almost all of the hard parts for the engine and am going to call him back up to see how much for machine work and assembly only and instead of billet mains I want to use a girdle.

I just want a reputable shop that can get the job done right the first time. The last thing I want to hear is, "Yeah we build a sh!tload of Chevy V8's; how hard could it be with two less cylinders?" :mad:

Anyone have a website for ANS? How about a number? I have stuff to do right now and can't look. TIA...

Thanks for the info , I got about the same qoute from Street performance in elk grove.

Most people recommend ANS .

Correction: AES is the shop I talked to not ANS. ANS ripped off a friend of mine really bad and I will NEVER go there.

It won't let me edit my previous post so I don't need ANS' number, I need AES. All these abreviations suck.

Sorry to hear about your friend getting ripped!

Where is AES? Do they specialize in GN's?

Are you saying your friend had trouble with ANS? I know ANS is slow and takes monthes to get anything done. but i never heard of them ripping anyone off. A friend of mine has been waiting for monthes for Pete to finnish his motor. Im sure it will be a quality peice when it is done.

My motor is being built by Pete at ANS right now. He has had it since March. He is slow and not cheap but i wanted it done right. Should be done soon I hope. I have heard nothing but good things about Pete and his work.......

Hey Prasad, met you at ANS last year at the dyno day for the Chicago club and I sold you a pair of Slicks...thanks for your help and advice on my bad motor......Chuck

You are welcome Chuck , I am glad to see that you are still into Buicks. Few weeks ago I was just thinking what ever happed to you.

Prasad

ANS built a 383 LT1 stroker for my buddy. They took him for a wad of cash and his junk never ran right. How's a 13 second time slip with a fully built 383 with heads, cam, full exhaust, a tune, suspension, and slicks sound? Unless I hear of some good results from actual customers (GN guys) I won't go to him.

AES is somewhere in the NW burbs I believe.

Hey Prasad, you know of anyone?

I think ANS has a better handle on the turbo 3.8's but I don't blame your for not wanting to deal with them.

I did see a post from another board member who had some motors built including his GN at Motion Dynamics. He was very happy with there work. Might be worth giving them a call or stopping in to check them out..Motion Dynamics Inc
805 Oakwood Rd
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Phone: (847) 540-6660

Hey Nick are talking about that black 01/02 TA with 383 stroker? I think his name is John?

Prasad

My understanding is that Pete builds all GN motors and all the V8 were done by his buddy Steve, I don't think he works there anymore. From what I have seen from all local engine builders Pete has the most experince when it comes to GN motors and they seem to hold up pretty good. My stage II motor is there now ( it has been there for a while, the only reason I haven't given him the OK to start is because I have too many other things going on) Pete is very easy going and good to deal with. Like anything else the is a price for everything. I will go check him out and see what he can offer you. There is always two sides to a story. When ever you get a chance give me a buzz. Office 312-939-4339 or cell 630-965-1987.

Prasad:D