ignition module/coil pack?

daturbosix

what is it that causes this cars to eat them?
is there an upgrade? is the OEM replacement the parts to get?

tonight my car blew the CCI fues right after a blast out of a toll both and i belive it to be linked to something shorted in the module. now, i personally, have never had an issue with the coil packs or module, but i have witnessed and heard HORROR stories.

-Jeff

no retrofit?

someone said series II 3800 ICM and coils?
Yes, that is a cool setup thats been discussed here before. I've considered it because I like the MSD "red" blaster coils. I don't believe theres a performance gain but parts availability is better.

I've been using the type 2 ccci coils and module ...
Bought it all from autozone been holding up fine
Had to make a bracket to mount New style module
But you can go to junkyard and get a bracket off a fwd

cause

My personal belief on what kills a module is bad grounds as number one and second would be heat..:biggrin:

Although I have replaced every ignition parts on my 87 GN, but still maintain the original ignition and coil pack. The car has over 80,000 miles runs great, but at start up has a once and awhile a miss. I'm also in the process of replacing both ignition and coil pack with the original AC unit. I want to know has anyone use the Magnavox true reproduction high-output DIS coil pack from: Coil Pack - High Output

At that price, thats a cheap gamble. If it works well it's money well spent. If nothing changes, your out very little cash.

Cleaning the airflow sensor wire off the dirt and fuel varnish with aerosol electronics cleanser, is an effective method to normalize the operation of an ignition module. Using unadulterated gasoline and regular fuel tank cleaning will aid in proper functioning of ignition module.

Cleaning the airflow sensor wire off the dirt and fuel varnish with aerosol electronics cleanser, is an effective method to normalize the operation of an ignition module. Using unadulterated gasoline and regular fuel tank cleaning will aid in proper functioning of ignition module.

Something doesn't feel right here.:confused: Welcome aboard I guess.:smile: