IF YOU WAS TO SPEND 25 grand???

1 OF 1035

what would you all do in this situation i have a chance to buy a virtually new 87 G/N for 25k this car couldnt be driven or any mods done to it at all it would just be something to look at or would you all buy a mid milage G/N and a TTA for the 25 grand i feel i could buy one of each for that price ?????

I guess it depends if you want to drive the car or not
I would buy one car , put the rest of the money in the bank and gain some interest , then keep the 1st one and use some of the $ in the bank to get the minty one

I have a poster of a mint GN, you can buy it for $5 and put it in your garage. If you want 3D, buy a die-cast and pretend that it is full size. You can always go to a museum, you can look at a lot of cars that you can't drive.

Unless you are rich, don't buy a car as a piece of art. Buy a nice straight body GN and mod and drive the wheels off of it.

Just my $.02

Mark F.

87 GN 11.9 @ 115 130,000+ miles...

Buy the two cars if you can afford the insurance and have a place to store them. Both the GN and TTA will hold their value over the long run, you may not make money on them but atleast you will get to drive and enjoy them.

I bought a driver and saved the rest of my money until I could afford to buy one to look at too. These cars are fun to drive. To buy one to sit and look at would not be too much fun unless you had another to go for a ride in. If I did not have my 28k mile GN I would be very tempted to drive the 316 mile one and it would lose value. If I were you I would buy a $7k one to drive, race, etc and save up a little more to buy a mint one to store or show. I am in the situation now where I am planning on selling one of mine to pay for a down payment on a home but I don't feel too bad about it because I will still have 2 turbo cars left. You cannot go wrong having more than one!

For 25K you could build a very nice GN or buy a properly setup Stage I or II motor car for the street. There were a few in the cars for sale at or under that price with all kinds of goodies on them and still with full interior, options, and A/C. :cool:

That's what I would do.

I like to look at museum cars and I'm glad some people preserve them but anyone who knows me knows I ain't so good with keeping paint shiny. ;)

I need to drive my cars. :)

If you are a show person that just may be the car for you.

I think it will all come down to usage, will you show it a lot? Will you try to make money on it? Will it give you $25K worth of satisfaction?

See my sig. I have a couple of low mileage ones that you can still drive, and are a lot less than $25k. The 17k mile GN I just picked up is totally mint! Show quality paint, original wheels and tires, only a few minor bolt ons, plus it has an 87 Grill, so it's whatever you want it to be. The ttype is sweet, too. It's also different, being metallic gray with burgandy interior.

Oh just take 20 Grand get a GN or a TTA, hook it up and take the remaining 5k and go to hedonism III in Jamaica.. :eek: :D

Hmm or you could get a higher mileage GN and spend some of the rest of the money on go fast mods and keep the remaining money in an interest bearing account for a rainy day (or even more go fast mods)

i will admit i have had a few low milage ones and i get nervous because i have so much money in them the most fun i have had was out of my 86t with over 100k i only had 4k in it run it for 7 years never done a thing to it just drove it had a ball with it i miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 1 OF 1035
i will admit i have had a few low milage ones and i get nervous because i have so much money in them the most fun i have had was out of my 86t with over 100k i only had 4k in it run it for 7 years never done a thing to it just drove it had a ball with it i miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a blast in my Iroc with 140k miles on it too. Drove it all year, parked it anywhere, raced it etc. On the other hand it is nice having a perfect example of a car too. I think the best bet is to buy two, one to drive the heck out of and one to show. Are you handy that you could but one for $4k and fix it up yourself a bit? That would save you money on labor and leave you more money to buy a real cherry. I get nervous with the ones I have too as I cannot leave them anywhere unattended which makes owning them kind of tough but when I pull the car-covers off and see them I tend to forget that. The only problem with the real low mileage ones is they are tougher to sell should you decide to sell one. My 316 mile car had a ton of inquiries and a few offers but no one came close enough for me to let it go. The higher mileage ones (100k plus) tend to sell quicker as there are a lot more buyers in that price range. So if resale is a concern then take that into account too.

That's a tough call, having 2 is fun, I have a 30k astro roof GN its weird when I do drive it... The other is a blast, I can be somewhat carefree to an extent. I dont let either out of my sight. there have been times when I've considered getting rid of one but I always reconsider...