If you had a choice: Real or Tribute?

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
Given the choices... would you rather have a Real X, or a "Tribute" if done correctly?

In my heart, I want an X, but honestly, current market values are hard to swallow. (OK, I'm a bit of a cheapskate too)

My intent would be to drive, it and enjoy it, not daily, but weekends, etc when I am free from lifes kidnappings...

Given my intent, I'd be hard pressed to not buy a correctly done "Tribute" or "Clone", and not have to worry about a real X being stolen, wrecked, or otherwise destroyed.

Worst case scenario would be if the car was wrecked would be just to put everything into another car... right?

Hands down the tribute car that Kash's garage did a couple years ago. On sale on the board right now.

Hands down the tribute car that Kash's garage did a couple years ago. On sale on the board right now.

I drooled over that car when it came up for sale the first time... and have been following the recent thread regarding it for sale...

Awesome car for sure, and no issues modding it either!

That car however may just be too nice to drive!

Actually, having seen that car in person I would venture to say that it is BETTER than any GNX out there. It is THAT nice.

Actually, having seen that car in person I would venture to say that it is BETTER than any GNX out there. It is THAT nice.

Might be just what my OCD needs to stay happy..:)

I did promise Momma that I would NOT purchase a new toy until after the renovations at home were finished... That was partially the reason I sold my GN... I told her an X was on the short list of post-improvement toys... OR, a well executed clone.

Tribute. Id be too scard to drive a real X. What happens when someone rear ends you or T-bones you in a real X? Ur fuked!

If money was no option Id have both but considering money is always an option id choose the tribute but if I were u id look to purchase the one for sale right now cause there isnt a nicer one anywhere and who knows when it will be available again.

Tribute. Id be too scard to drive a real X. What happens when someone rear ends you or T-bones you in a real X? Ur fuked!

If money was no option Id have both but considering money is always an option id choose the tribute but if I were u id look to purchase the one for sale right now cause there isnt a nicer one anywhere and who knows when it will be available again.

Yeah, I know.. timing just isnt right now...

The same argument can be made for the tribute. If the car isnt insured for stated or appraised value, you'll get screwed in the end anyway.

Of course, you could just salvage it and build another car from the parts and anothe Phoenix shall raise from the ashes.... :p

The thought of driving a clone of this caliber, is just like driving an X.... you'd still worry about it all the time.

Yea, crashing either would surely suk but replacing non OEM parts on a real X doesnt make it an original X any longer. But, many would probably never know anyway.

a tribute all the way..
i'll take mine without the silly fender flares and with a better gauge layout.. and maybe a modern 3 link instead of the torque arm. with a decently built 4.1 calibrated for E85.

Tribute!!!

I also wanted an "x" but prices are not in reach, so i made one... I still have to install the asc guage package. I also wanted the astro roof,so i installed an origional roof from a g-prix(outer only). I just felt it was alot stronger than t-tops,and even a solid roof car..(love the hole in the roof)..after i install the guages,you will be hard pressed to tell if it's origional or tribute.. I also drive the car in the nice weather....still, very careful where i take it and where i park it... I have 4yrs in this "work in progress".. I suggest buy the tribute that is for sell on here and enjoy it!!!! A friend had a low mile gnx and he is considering purchasing a gn or a tribute just to enjoy....it's a shame that the more you drive and use one of these cars.... The less that they are worth.. I shouldn't be..

I also wanted an "x" but prices are not in reach, so i made one... I still have to install the asc guage package. I also wanted the astro roof,so i installed an origional roof from a g-prix(outer only). I just felt it was alot stronger than t-tops,and even a solid roof car..(love the hole in the roof)..after i install the guages,you will be hard pressed to tell if it's origional or tribute.. I also drive the car in the nice weather....still, very careful where i take it and where i park it... I have 4yrs in this "work in progress".. I suggest buy the tribute that is for sell on here and enjoy it!!!! A friend had a low mile gnx and he is considering purchasing a gn or a tribute just to enjoy....it's a shame that the more you drive and use one of these cars.... The less that they are worth.. I shouldn't be..

The one thing I have a passion for is the astroroof. ... and an Astroroof GN would be ideal (missed the astroroof since I sold my 442 back in '96)

a tribute all the way..
i'll take mine without the silly fender flares and with a better gauge layout.. and maybe a modern 3 link instead of the torque arm. with a decently built 4.1 calibrated for E85.

Then it wouldnt be a tribute.... just mod a GN. :biggrin: