Idle Trouble

dgreene

Broke as hell.........
I'm having trouble with my idleing and under light loads. Stomp it, and she's fine. Even under moderate throttle it's good. Ok here's the skinny.....

At idle it almost seems like a skip, but not quit. Under light load it jerks a little. Here's what has been done so far.

New plugs and wires
Checked for vac. leaks with starting fluid. Found 2 minor ones and fixed them. No change.
Reset TPS and IAC. At idle it's 22 on IAC and .44 on TPS
Cleaned the PCV and then decided to put in a new Delco unit.
Replaced all the vac. lines.
BLMS at idle are a constant 119. I know, they could be better....

Any ideas would be appreciated

Whose chip??? What's the fuel pressure set at??? What injs??? What plugs did you use and what are they gapped at???

The rest of the stuff you posted looks okay...BLMs can be 128+/- 10 , so you are okay there...chip just may need to be trimmed at little bit more, but it's not bad so I'd leave it...

Whose chip??? What's the fuel pressure set at??? What injs??? What plugs did you use and what are they gapped at???

Custom Chip, I made it. Fuel preasure is 43 line off. The plugs are AC43's gapped at a tight 35. Injectors are 38# Lucas.

Actually, I have changed it in the last week as well. I've not been running my alchy kit and have just been using 93 pump gas with the boost set at 15 PSI. No, it doesn't seem to matter if it's in closed loop or not. On an old car I would say the timing was a little high. Maybe I need to lower the timing in those ranges.....It's getting a little agrevating although since there is no knock and it's not running rich or lean, I don't think it's hurting much.