Idle and more than half throttle issue

Slo87Gn

Ok first the info.
Fresh new motor. Installed had issue with getting it to fire. It was a pinched crank sensor wire. Fixed this checked all other wires since this one had an issue. All wires and connectors are now clean and in good shape.
I had the Dog house off with the TB when motor was apart and cleaned it and the IAC with Sensor safe TB/Inj cleaner, Installed a New Bosch factory replacement O2 I have two in box plus the old one which the car was working great when I took it apart.
New control Module, New crank sensor, good cam sensor, New China Headers fit good no leaks. Wire burshed paint off all ground straps. New 00 ground wires for engine to chassies, chassies to frame, block to frame block to battery. New ground from module bracket to firewall.

MODs that the car ran great with before I pulled motor to rebuild.
New 70mm Standard bearing turbo
Precision IC front mount
60# injectors
TT 26/28 lb Alky chip
Progressive SMC alky system
Stock ported TB
Stock MAF
Stock headers with cracks!
Scanmaster 2.1
Hyd Roller cam 218/220 .495/.500
Wablro 340 pump with hotwire kit and external fuel guage.
remote Oil filter kit from Precision
Manual oil guage
Digital Boost guage
LS1 Vaccumpump control by map sensor. COmes on with alky system under boost.
TH 3" DP and Magnaflow 3" to dual 2.75" tips
Non lockup PTC 3600 stall

Think thats all thats pertinant.

when I first start it cold in open loop it idles abour 1100 IAC is around 25/28 as soon as it warms up some and goes into closed loop it will stumble and die. I can give it some throttle as if it were a carb car flooding and it recovers. but I noticed everytime it stumbles the IAC readin dropes to 8/9 and the O2 readings go from 360-500 to 800-860 during the stumble. Like it is going rich.

If it dies I can get it started only if I open the throttle as if it were flooded. It stumbles everytime I let it get basically to idle or just off idle.

Idle the TPS is .44 and it stumbles anywhere from .44 to .46 if I keep it cracked to .46/.48 it does stumble but wont die and if I push it to above .5 or crusie the car it actually seems to run really decent between .5 - 2.0. If I go over 2.0 for more gas and try to get a little boost it spits and sputters and complains but as soon as relax back to 2.0 or less its fine.

The readings I got while cruising about 55-60 at .76 TPS are

IAC - 117
cc - 103
AF - 56
L8 - between 54 - 89
Int - 125
Bl - 128
clt - 174
ATS - 139
mlv - 860
mal - 0

I can really get any idle readings since it will die if I close the throttle blades that little bit.
I did use an ohm meter to touch the O2 and the header where it connects and got a reading which I think tells me it should have a good ground.

I think it may be probable it is two seperate issues. Maybe the motor in the IAC took a dump and is moving properly or it is a communications issue to it for the Idle part. I just don't see how the injectors would suddenly start over fueling but if I just give it a little gas it will idel at around 1700 still hicups some though.

I thought about the MAF but it does read output to the scan master so I am assuming it is working ok.

i would not assume anything with a stock MAF! just unplug the MAF and see if things clear up and the car idles better. if not, you can cross it off the list:)

is the cam sensor adjusted correctly?

Thanks for the reply!

I think I found the "Case of Dumb ass" issue on part of it!

I changed plugs for some new ones and while I was hooking plug wires I noticed the 5 was on the front of the coil pack!!!!! I had taken it apart so many times testing the last time a threw it together cause I knew what I was doing and didn't even noticed I put the coil packs on backwards.

So right now it fires and idles nicely.

mlv bounces between 332 - 6xx
IAC sits at 17-21
RPM 850-900
L8 42
TPS .46
clt 162
ats 122
Bl 125
AF 06

It cruises good and idles good with an occasional blip?
However if I try to get into any boost at all it backfires through the exhaust and falls on its face but recovers when I lift enough to just return to cruising speed.

The MAF is only showing max of 44 when reved up and 56 when I rolled to a little over 1/2 throttle to begin getting some low boost.

Did I hurt the coil packs having them WRONG! and is the MAF seem like it is reading correctly or should it be higher than 56 with boost starting to come on?

its hard to say if it should be higher than 56 for the MAF because so many things could affect the reading. at half throttle though i would have to believe it should be above 56, that does sound low.

Thanks folks!!!

I got her runing perfect now!!!!! I did replace the coil pack with a new AC Delco and all is well in T Land!:D

Eric did u check the plugs since you had these issues? I would change them for in case they are fouled.