Identifying stall speed?

Powertechn2

So, I am finally about to order a new chip/inj combo.

Started looking at everything, and realize I am not really sure what the stall speed is.

Is there a way to identify it by part number, color, diameter etc...

The car does have a trans brake, however no tach. The dash tach is fubar and definitely reads way off.

I asked the person who built the car as they knew mostly everything else. First they said they thought it was 3600, then said maybe it was 3200... After they they just said they forgot and just know it was really high.

I don't want to really just guess. I guess I could get a tach and install it, or try to use my clip on tach and have someone watch it, but that sounds like more of a pita that might still leave some error room.

Thanks ahead of time.

Put car in gear and hold the brakes firmly. Trans brake may work as well. Bring engine up until you see 0 boost level and read tach. That's the stall speed.

I will try to take a pic of the tc this weekend. Been working crazy hours.

The car has a trans brake, I assume that engaging that and seeing what the rpm hits and stops should tell me the stall speed...

I started reading that flashing a tc vs actual stall speed can vary, so not really sure how true the reading will be.

Thanks.

I was under the assumption that they needed to know more near exact stall speed.

The car has always had an issue with stalling if you get on it, then let off. Like say at a light to about 40 just to mess with someone and then let off. I remembered reading that this can be caused by high stall TC's if not tuned to it. Not sure if there is any truth in that. The previous owner said it always did that since he built the car, so I was assuming the stall speed had more to do with a chips tuning.

Does the speed being off really have a ton to do with the chip's tuning? There is also a place to select if it is off and by how much. Running a 28" tall tire the speed is definitely off, by a pretty good amount too. Not sure if they mean if the speed is off due to some other reason, or just tire size. I am most likely overthinking all of this.

Thanks.

I was under the assumption that they needed to know more near exact stall speed.

The car has always had an issue with stalling if you get on it, then let off. Like say at a light to about 40 just to mess with someone and then let off. I remembered reading that this can be caused by high stall TC's if not tuned to it. Not sure if there is any truth in that. The previous owner said it always did that since he built the car, so I was assuming the stall speed had more to do with a chips tuning.

Does the speed being off really have a ton to do with the chip's tuning? There is also a place to select if it is off and by how much. Running a 28" tall tire the speed is definitely off, by a pretty good amount too. Not sure if they mean if the speed is off due to some other reason, or just tire size. I am most likely overthinking all of this.

The chip guys can put what they call "anti-stall" into the program but it doesn't matter if it's a 2800 or 3600.

The chips have got more advanced. I'm not sure what some of them are using MPH for but they can probably correct what the chip sees by a calculation. As far as your speedometer. It will always be off with the taller tire.

Thanks for the info man.

I know the speedo will always be off, just wasn't really sure what that had to do with the chip. I don't really care that the speedo is off, hell, most of the time it is slow to come up and when I let off it takes a second or two to balance out and show what it thinks is correct speed lol.