IC '85 Engine

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Hi all,

Its been forever since I posted here. I have been overwhelmed with a '72 442 resto I have taken on...plus my poor GN has sat - having only been out 3 or 4 times all summer. Sad.

Im looking at renewing my GN commitment and doing an LS swap with a turbo. In saying this...I would be considering rousting up some cash by selling my current setup.

The basics on the motor are...... less than 10k mi on a complete rebuild, ported / polished heads, '87 style intake and IC kit by JS Manufacturing, '87 TB, 50 lb/hr Delphi injectors, TA33 from Limit Eng, rebuilt / beefed up and chromed alt, plus the stainless steel DP, UP, X-over and headers would go with it. MAF Translator and all new harness and sensors. Some other stuff is in my signature below.

I'd consider selling my trans as well...haven't decided to keep it or not...based on my power goals I may need to go to a 4l80e. I beefed up the trans with billet parts form CK Performance.

What do you guys think the engine would sell for? Ballpark me a fair asking price....realizing that these HA motors are not their LC2 counterpart its difficult to gauge a price or a market for them.

Here are a few pics of my car and IC setup for anyone thats interested.....

2014-08-01 17.31.37.jpg
2014-08-01 17.29.58.jpg
2014-05-21 15.39.09.jpg

I got the same set up as this. I built it up except I didn't buy an IC kit I just fabbed up my own pipes, shaved the plenum and welded it up, and tossed in a 87 intercooled along with the same TA33c turbo, also bored .030 over. Only difference is I had 009's injectors. My one and only pass on this set up ran 12.14 @109

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely threw some kick in the seat of my pants after the IC and Alky install.

I'd highly recommend it for anyone looking at doing it. Not too sure if any JS kits like mine exist out there now but one could easily DIY it. Cut open and weld up intake if you have the tools - or just pay GBP for the Champion intake and get a muffler shop to do some pipes for you. While at it they weld up a couple mounts for an '87 IC to complete the kit. It would be easy enough to do.

My IC was Duttweiler necked also - so that helps flow. Kit works great and with that TA33 turbo the car has tons of power. Only thing I might do different is a FMIC since it is larger...but not sure how much difference that would make now at this point....vs the cost and hassle of doing it.

I got the same set up as this. I built it up except I didn't buy an IC kit I just fabbed up my own pipes, shaved the plenum and welded it up, and tossed in a 87 intercooled along with the same TA33c turbo, also bored .030 over. Only difference is I had 009's injectors. My one and only pass on this set up ran 12.14 @109

Did you use an 86/87 intake or can the top of the hot air be taken off and the forward facing throttle body and top part of the intake on the 86/87 intake be bolted on? Then just seal up the back?

I used an 86/87 intake manifold but you can go about doing this many different ways. I didn't do this because I wanted an intercooled set up, I did it because I was interested in the different ways I could make my car faster and doing this helped me open up more room for additional power.

For anyone who is interested in this set up, I have nothing but good reviews. My set up in nearly identical to HOTSIX and it totally kicks ass. I raced my buddies stock c6 vette and lost by maybe 1 1/2 car lengths AND I didn't have alky. Also this set up looks very neat and clean.

I feel the exact same way.

Ive got Razor's Alky plus a great tune and the car performs like I always hoped it would when it was in pieces in my garage...

Truly the best money I ever spent on the car. Bang for the buck is 10 / 10.

If anyone needed help doing it I would be willing to answer any questions and so forth. Wish someone would put together a kit again...great purchase for those looking to wake their car up a bit. Originally the JS kit came hot air or IC. Either way the car just breathes way better which equals more HP.

That said, you really don't need much. A few pipes bent, some turbo hose, and an 87 intake/TB and your well on your way.

I agree, that's why I really hope to see someone be interested in buying your engine. Maybe post it in the for sale section.

Yup I think I will...I finally made the jump today.

6.0L LQ9 engine purchased...new heads etc. Ready for pick-up mid Jan!
Ill be posting the build thread in the LSX section....stay tuned!

Wow that's gonna be a nasty monster! I can't wait to see it.

I will keep everyone updated on the build!

For now Ill be keeping the 200R4 and seeing where that takes me. I may break it at the 600 hp level or so but I can deal with that when it happens and buy a 4L80e....

I promised you all a video of my motor running....heres the link

This kit makes throttle response 10x better.

Enjoy!

Here's another I made last summer....quick tire beating video.

I plan to make much more HP with the 6.0L LS swap!

You should make a couple vids of driving it to how the response and just because I want to see it spooling lol

Ya I can do that...it spools like crazy compared to when it was a Hot Air. I love the new setup but like everyone else...I got a hunger for more!!!!!