IAC D term????

RickWI

My IAC D term on the dash shows -1 with key on and engine not running. Is this a correct reading?

It probably is.. Since the engine isn't running (rpm is 0), the terms will be invalid.

Lance

The reason I was asking is as I have been trying to dial in my IAC start position for cold start up I noticed no matter what position I programed in that dash reading never changed. I thought maybe this indicated the IAC position in some fashion.

Overall then what are the readings saying to me when the car is running. They will vary from -3,-2,1 and so forth. Do the readouts indicate percent open/closed in some way?

Thanks Lance, and hope to see you at PRI this weekend.

The IAC 'P' and 'D' terms are indicitive of the Proportional and Derivative terms of the IAC control algorithm, not the position. The "IAC target" sensor is most representative of the IAC position.

I'm here in Indianapolis now.. Was a busy day today at PRI. (My feet are killing me!)

Lance

Just to add

Proportional and derivative term is used in IAC correction. To control overshoot and such. Again from what Lance described, they do not affect IAC parked postion.