I went looking for trouble and......

3.8L V-8 eater

it found me :D....

Here's how it went down...

I was coming to a red light in the turning lane and there was a Mitsubishi Evo already there at a stop....I could see him checking my car out looking through his rear view...He began to rev up his motor to let me know he was not intimidated and ready to play...Don't have any idea what year this car was as I know nothing about them other than they are suppose to be quick cars...It had the giant wing on the back and sported the big single pipe exhaust....

When the light turned green he turned the corner going sideways...I gave it a little gas not trying to catch him at this point cause after the left turn there is a long sweeping curve to the right....However once it straightens out the road stays that way for several lights....As he came to the first of the lights with me pacing him it was green he made it through as did I....He let me get next to him then he nailed it!! Evo took off like a rocket and sounded good...Now what I'm waiting for is one of these lights to go red where we can be side by side in hopes we will both be 1st in line at the light, but there was a lot of traffic...Coming to the next red light we were side by side, but with cars in front of us...I look over and see a few gauges and I can see he is looking at the hood of my car prolly reading the badging as this was the first time side by side at a stop...The next light ahead is a good mile and a half or better, so I know we have time to weave through traffic and be the first 2 cars coming to the light ahead....Well that's exactly how it played out!! I paced him as he weaved around a few cars and we were on our way to the light and it was turning red...I jump in the right lane and get right next to him....

I looked over at him and he looked back but neither said a word...We both then look ahead and watch the other lights cycle through....I waited on him to start building boost then I eased onto the pedal not wanting to build too much boost and spin the Mickey's...The light turns green and I think I reacted a little quicker as I jumped out on him...Right before the boost kicked all the way in I could see his front end in my peripheral vision and he made it to about the middle of my door...Just then I felt a big surge and went flyin back in my seat Mickey's screaming bloody murder and I'm fighting the wheel to keep it straight...I have no idea how fast I was going and could still feel the tires spinning...At this point I realize I'm ahead and don't hear him...Look in my rear view and he was several lengths back but I didn't seem to be gaining anymore ground...I look back at the road and see some traffic ahead so I shut it down and tapped the brakes to let him know I was off the throttle....Of course he stayed in it and did the ricer fly by then had to get heavy on the brakes....I was pumped up and happy it ended the way it did.....

Caulk one up for the Buick's......It was fun :)....

Congrats. btw people miss understand the "fly by" as really a ricer brake check competition. After all something has to be better performance wise to prevent a total ego tantrum ....right?! :drowning:

I was coming to a red light in the turning lane and there was a Mitsubishi Evo already there at a stop....I could see him checking my car out looking through his rear view...He began to rev up his motor to let me know he was not intimidated and ready to play...Don't have any idea what year this car was as I know nothing about them other than they are suppose to be quick cars...It had the giant wing on the back and sported the big single pipe exhaust....

When the light turned green he turned the corner going sideways...I gave it a little gas not trying to catch him at this point cause after the left turn there is a long sweeping curve to the right....However once it straightens out the road stays that way for several lights....As he came to the first of the lights with me pacing him it was green he made it through as did I....He let me get next to him then he nailed it!! Evo took off like a rocket and sounded good...Now what I'm waiting for is one of these lights to go red where we can be side by side in hopes we will both be 1st in line at the light, but there was a lot of traffic...Coming to the next red light we were side by side, but with cars in front of us...I look over and see a few gauges and I can see he is looking at the hood of my car prolly reading the badging as this was the first time side by side at a stop...The next light ahead is a good mile and a half or better, so I know we have time to weave through traffic and be the first 2 cars coming to the light ahead....Well that's exactly how it played out!! I paced him as he weaved around a few cars and we were on our way to the light and it was turning red...I jump in the right lane and get right next to him....

I looked over at him and he looked back but neither said a word...We both then look ahead and watch the other lights cycle through....I waited on him to start building boost then I eased onto the pedal not wanting to build too much boost and spin the Mickey's...The light turns green and I think I reacted a little quicker as I jumped out on him...Right before the boost kicked all the way in I could see his front end in my peripheral vision and he made it to about the middle of my door...Just then I felt a big surge and went flyin back in my seat Mickey's screaming bloody murder and I'm fighting the wheel to keep it straight...I have no idea how fast I was going and could still feel the tires spinning...At this point I realize I'm ahead and don't hear him...Look in my rear view and he was several lengths back but I didn't seem to be gaining anymore ground...I look back at the road and see some traffic ahead so I shut it down and tapped the brakes to let him know I was off the throttle....Of course he stayed in it and did the ricer fly by then had to get heavy on the brakes....I was pumped up and happy it ended the way it did.....

One ran up on me about 8 years back with the big front mount intercooler and he did not stand a chance as the closest he got to me was at the rear of my door and only because I sent the poor drag radials spinning thru the intersection. My car at the time ran mid 12's

One ran up on me about 8 years back with the big front mount intercooler and he did not stand a chance as the closest he got to me was at the rear of my door and only because I sent the poor drag radials spinning thru the intersection. My car at the time ran mid 12's
I was way ahead when I noticed him in my rearview but would swear he was getting no smaller...I wish we could of stayed in it longer to see if he could make any gains....I hope to see the guy around and find out if it was modded at all....I saw a little knock on my scanmaster as I have been experimenting with adding some E-85 to my 93 octane....I think the experiment is over because I never see knock since this motor was built...S.M. showed the knock at 104 MPH and 11.5 AFR....

I heard all about it. The car was built by Buschur and made in the mid 600's on Buschur's Dyno. I was at Quaker with the guy, then went to his house afterwards. He said he got in a race with a grey T. He said it had a cage in it, so I wasn't thinking it was you. He lives in Litchfield, and is my Snap On dealer.

I heard all about it. The car was built by Buschur and made in the mid 600's on Buschur's Dyno. I was at Quaker with the guy, then went to his house afterwards. He said he got in a race with a grey T. He said it had a cage in it, so I wasn't thinking it was you. He lives in Litchfield, and is my Snap On dealer.
Now I know why he wasn't getting any smaller in my rear view in fact now that I know this he may have possibly been reeling me in!! Other than those few gauges it hides those mods pretty well!!

Also Rob I don't know if I told you about why I was having those boost issues at Norwalk...When I switched out the 6262 turbo with the 6265 I put on a new silicon hose to replace the big thick one I had....Well after talking with Bison he suggested it might be collasping under heavy boost...Well he was right!! That was also the same hose i had on it when I dyno'd at Busher's so I'm guessing that effected my numbers!!

Last edited:
He said he got too clutch happy and bogged it. He was running 33lbs of boost.
Glad you got the boost issue figured out. Have to get it back out there.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

He said he got too clutch happy and bogged it. He was running 33lbs of boost.
Glad you got the boost issue figured out. Have to get it back out there.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app
My brother got his TBSS back from PCM....Went with Stage 3 aluminum heads to go with the built bottom end...they want him to put 500 miles on it before they dyno it...Once he does that we will go to track to see what it will do and I will run mine as well.....The guy was impressed with the tranny Vince built along with his converter from Dusty.....

Great Kill. How much power do you think you have? There are supposed to be a lot of these evo's running around my area with 500 to the wheels. Just wondering if I have a chance with
these awd cars on the street.

Word of warning just about any turbo 4 cylinder mitsubishi can make an easy 500-600 horsepower on good gas or ethanol....they hook and run but are also stick shift so it takes a helluva driver to launch and shift one correctly....most modded examples run mid elevens on a good pass so if you run one be sure to go from a dig and you should at least gap them significantly and they would have to work to catch you....

My talon is essentially the same motor but with an automatic and much lighter (2600lbs) which made it lethal on the street...evo's typically are similar weight to our cars believe it or not (3500lbs or so) and with a manual trans it would take alot for them get out on a well setup turbo regal....just watch out for the early 90's awd cars with automatics...they can ride

Nice kill OP

Great Kill. How much power do you think you have? There are supposed to be a lot of these evo's running around my area with 500 to the wheels. Just wondering if I have a chance with
these awd cars on the street.
I'm thinking with this turbo around 10.7 10.8 at 125--127MPH.....I didn't spin out of the hole but once the boost came on I spun all the through first and was still spinning in second, but I held on and refused to let off....

Word of warning just about any turbo 4 cylinder mitsubishi can make an easy 500-600 horsepower on good gas or ethanol....they hook and run but are also stick shift so it takes a helluva driver to launch and shift one correctly....most modded examples run mid elevens on a good pass so if you run one be sure to go from a dig and you should at least gap them significantly and they would have to work to catch you....

My talon is essentially the same motor but with an automatic and much lighter (2600lbs) which made it lethal on the street...evo's typically are similar weight to our cars believe it or not (3500lbs or so) and with a manual trans it would take alot for them get out on a well setup turbo regal....just watch out for the early 90's awd cars with automatics...they can ride

Nice kill OP
Good to know. As soon as I get some issues resolved I have a lot of cars in line for the Buick.

Nice kill OP

Wow. Over ten years ago in college a gentleman stated the same thing word for word. One guy was bragging on his awd talon being fast beating xyz cars and the other guy (who also owned a talon) summarized what you said. I then started bust'n on the bragger, saying your car could be fast and there are a lot out there, if I were to go against you I would do it in a properly set up GN then wait at the next light while you figure out your shifts. After his buddy confirmed my statements, the bragger was significantly more humble and on a hunt to find a GN running the street. He took on a few Supras but never found a GN ...there will always be someone quicker and faster.

Agreed ^....thats why the automatics are the way to go with those cars (early 90's DSM)....they do have to have the typical bolt ons that we require to be quick (bigger turbo fueling and management) and an owner with some knowledge...lighten them up and things get rediculous....mine ran the times in my signature with a bone stock 188,000+ mile driveline from the head gasket down (7.8 to 1 factory shortblock,trans,converter,transfer case,axles,rear end)...T3 6262 with about 20 psi...They do have a limit though which I found after going max effort on a pump gas tune (25 psi with pump gas I just got too aggresive with the transitional timing) rod bearing finally started making noise but dam that little dude is fun....will spin all four tires through second gear (till about 50-60 mph) from a low roll and took down a older gixxer 600....

Buschur setups are nasty running cars and well known in that world...just watch some youtube videos.....

OP Id be willing to bet with a re race you would still get out on him and make him wonder why he drives an econobox :)

Agreed ^....thats why the automatics are the way to go with those cars (early 90's DSM)....they do have to have the typical bolt ons that we require to be quick (bigger turbo fueling and management) and an owner with some knowledge...lighten them up and things get rediculous....mine ran the times in my signature with a bone stock 188,000+ mile driveline from the head gasket down (7.8 to 1 factory shortblock,trans,converter,transfer case,axles,rear end)...T3 6262 with about 20 psi...They do have a limit though which I found after going max effort on a pump gas tune (25 psi with pump gas I just got too aggresive with the transitional timing) rod bearing finally started making noise but dam that little dude is fun....will spin all four tires through second gear (till about 50-60 mph) from a low roll and took down a older gixxer 600....

Buschur setups are nasty running cars and well known in that world...just watch some youtube videos.....

OP Id be willing to bet with a re race you would still get out on him and make him wonder why he drives an econobox :)

I was at 25psi and did some spinning and still got out to healthy lead...He did start to pull to my door before I got to full boost so not sure about the bogging part he claimed, but I bet he looks for me at the car show and wants a rematch....