I want to get in the lower 12's

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
For what I have allready and adding a CAS V4, will I get in the lower 12's?

You have some issues going on there. Your 2.0 sixty is killing! On bone stock everything I got 12.8's with a 1.8 60' on radials. With some slicks and more than the 19 PSI of boost I was running 12.3 or 12.4 was right there. With a 44 and 24 PSI with the stuff you have it should be 12.1 or better even before adding a V4.

You are losing a half second with your 2.0 short times...then some tuning should put you into the 11s with what you have..

I know my 60ft suck a@@!

I will have to work on my launching techniques. :)

And also would'nt the V4 add little more hp's to pick up on the top end and get me in the lower 12's?

The V4 will certainly help. Get a good set of slicks so the car hooks properly though, because there is no point in adding HP if you can't put it to the ground.

The V4 won't hurt..but you are not getting what you should be getting at this point..that was the point I was trying to make.. :)

Originally posted by Steve Wood
The V4 won't hurt..but you are not getting what you should be getting at this point..that was the point I was trying to make.. :)

100% Agreed. :)

ya what Steve said :) Melissa runs a close combo to you..44 , blues, V-4 an Nitto's...11.5s @118

Thanks for all the replies

Everyone here that races will tell you the same thing, our track sucks! If we ran our car in the mainland, hell ya our cars will be faster! But maybe in my case i'm a newbie, need to learn. Thanks :)

BTW I did try a set of 26X10's Goodyears, but my 60ft was still a crappy 2.0. Could be my stall is not high enough?

Nope tires dont spin, but right after the tree is spins like hell (if I don't heat up the tires). The chip I have is a Joe L 110 race 26 degree timming.

Are you boosting up on the line ? Bring that boost up and let 'er rip!! Good luck tonight!!!! I wanted to try out the new turbo, but have a party. That 51 pulls like crazy!!!! Well, compared to a stock turbo, I guess anything would pull better.:D Good luck and keep representing us Buicks!!

Re: Thanks for all the replies

Originally posted by TurboV6
BTW I did try a set of 26X10's Goodyears, but my 60ft was still a crappy 2.0. Could be my stall is not high enough?

Sounds like you may have a bad art carr TC. What are your rpms/boost holding the brakes on? If its not 2600 RPM and 7 psi of boost for minimums (or a massive powerbraking burnout), your torque converter is a POS.

Re: Re: Thanks for all the replies

Originally posted by UNGN

Sounds like you may have a bad art carr TC. What are your rpms/boost holding the brakes on? If its not 2600 RPM and 7 psi of boost for minimums (or a massive powerbraking burnout), your torque converter is a POS.

That's what I was thinking too. It might be killing his top end charge as well if it is slipping too much. A 9/11 convertor from Bruce might have a better result than the V4 ????

I can hold 4-5lbs of boost but I will have to check the rpm's later. I think the convertor has a very little stall in it. So I will later check you a number written on the tc and call Art-carr and they will have to trace it.

BTW anyone know how much does it run to re-stall the convertor?