I want one!

Weester

Let's say you bought this car, a Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon, with a 6.2-liter, 556-horsepower Corvette V8, six-speed manual transmission, magnetorheological dampers (I'll get to that), Michelin SP2 gumballs, 15-inch front Brembo brakes with six-pot calipers, and microsuede wrapping on the steering wheel and shifter. Well, first of all, you'd be one strange cat, which is to say, unusual. Notwithstanding any nitro-burning ice-cream trucks or flying boattail Rollses in your neighborhood, this wagon is about as esoteric an automobile as you're likely to find. Statistically speaking, General Motors will sell exactly none of these cars, the Detroit equivalent of Zoroastrianism.

But if you did buy one, what would you do with it? You'd have a lot of options. Like Cadillac's 3.6-liter CTS wagon—with a mere 304 hp—the V-Wagon has a useful and accessible 22 cubic feet behind the rear seats and a generous 56 cubic feet with the second-row seats folded. Among other things, you could take three weeks' worth of groceries to the test-and-tune session at your local drag strip. Zero to 60 miles per hour in this car goes by in 4.3 seconds—such acceleration momentarily takes years off your sagging jowls—and then the car really starts to move, thundering through the quarter-mile in 11.9 seconds at 116 mph, according to my colleagues at Car and Driver, who do impeccable instrumented testing.

more

Cadillac's Insane, Unnecessary, Awesome Wagon- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

As a Huge Fan of all things Wagon, and looking to get what I feel is the first fullsize Classic Cadillac design introduced since 1962, I checked out a regular CTS wagon while awaiting the V model. Must say that as a Wagon, I was underwhelmed with it. It IS a very nice car. Just not what I would expect it to be. Unfortunately, GM expected me to walk away from style and into an SUV crossover to get what I want, but they don't make it. Lincoln makes it, now if it just had the performance of a V model!

It will sell to those who want a hot rod, but want luxury and have kids to tow around :)

This was pretty funny...
" show exactly what more than 1 g of lateral acceleration feels like. It feels like a fat lady is trying to push you out the side window. "

If I had 63K I would buy one, I love em. My buddy has a CTS-V sedam, wicked car!

I need one of these....

My Subaru Outback Wagon is a lot of fun with the turbo, but the CTS-V wagon would be so much more fun....

Weester, ur finally out of the Political section.... lol. .. really though I'd buy one in a heart beat if it wasn't so expensive. It really seems to be an awesome vehicle.

It will sell to those who want a hot rod, but want luxury and have kids to tow around :)

This was pretty funny...
" show exactly what more than 1 g of lateral acceleration feels like. It feels like a fat lady is trying to push you out the side window. "

See, I'm not buying into that. It's fine for the people who only have one child and maybe that's the intent. But the rear seat is nearly as cramped as the Magnum RT's in adult headroom while the rear storage area seems even smaller than a sedan's. Sure it's taller, but the angle of the rear window and the thick side panels make it attractive but virtually wasted space in the rear. It'd be all you could do to put a stroller back there with barely room for the cooler and additional accesories for the family day out after that. While the seating position to the IP and other control functions was comfortable, I did not like the ingress-egress of the high floor pan either. It kind of reminded me of a fatfender streetrod or a lowered old truck. Sincerely not what I'm looking for in a luxury vehicle. I like to get INTO a vehicle, just as into a G-Body or any other Car as opposed to onto it. However by switching to the Lincoln MKT (equally lousy name) you Do get the classic styling of the 39-41 Continental Coupe with a modern twist, just as the cadillac is a automotive interpretation of modern military aircraft just as they last imitated in 1962. The Lincoln is easier to get in and out of, only partly do to it's higher stance. It envelopes you rather than simply accepting you. Plus it has more passenger space, more rear headroom, extra seating or more storage capabilities, and well, just... more, More! AND it comes in at $4G's less than a comparably equipped yet less functional Cadillac AND is made WITHOUT your TAX DOLLARS!!!:cool:

Awesome completely awesome my pops thinkin about getting one after they are a couple years old...