I want a stage 2

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Im thinking of trying to have one built and no not for my truck. Im doing my research on them now!

Buy this one:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/333704-4-1-stage-2-engine.html

I am in the midst of collecting parts for a 4.1 SII build and was planning on trying to keep it as far on the inexpensive side as possible, without skimping on the must haves like good crank, rods and pistons. Figuring $ I will have in my longblock, with intake, injectors, dist, etc, I will prob have about $8-9k, not to mention fuel system, electronics (FAST), oh, and a turbo, etc. Looking to be about $15k to be safe. And this is probably half used parts. Oh, forgot to mention the dry sump setup on mine, prob another $1,500-2,000.

I don't have a large lump sum of $, so this will be a little at a time. If you have lump sum, buy this one, or have DLS build one. If $ were no object, I would prob get a TA alum block, billet crank and rods, etc, but damn that is some serious $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Will my wife side I cant spend alot of money right now cause of just buying my little brother a Repoed trailor and having it setup on our Family's land. I will however be saving some money if it isnt gone by then I will be buying everything else.

Not to mention the little one on the way too, huh?! ;) Or is this going to be for baby's first car. :)

I need one more car on top of the one I have bought today and all 3 kids will have one when they get of age. (She is pregnant with twins.)

Yeah, saw the thread about saving another GN, nice! I must have missed the twins part, congrats brother! Stage stuff can be had on the east coast it seems for cheaper, you just have to keep your eyes out or know someone who knows someone on a race team or something. Take a look at the thread below this one entitled "Merry Christmas" or something like that. Lucky SOB! ;)

Lol ok I know alot of guys that race due to certain family members and my Dad.

Keep the twins part quiet. If TB3 or Visious find out, they will want her to pose preggo those two perverts...:eek:

And to be fair, the twins need GN's with twin turbos, dont you think fellas???

:biggrin:

That is why Im going to buy alot of parts and cars that have parts just in case we need them.

Buy someones elses build and pay half the price. I bought a complete RPE engine full stage two with 50 miles on it for under 13K. Even had it checked by the builder before purchasing. Even if you have alot of cash the top builder will keep you waiting for 12-24 months for your build.

I have everything to build a Stage II engine except the block. All good stuff. Fresh heads , rods and polished crank magged ,new pistons , etc. I was building a NA engine but ran out of money. Will sell complete package VERY reasonable.

Im going to do one eventually still playing with a few things for now.