I think my SMC alky pump bit the dust, what are my options

Mike70gtx

Is there anyone who could replace my pump on my dual spray smc alky kit. I'm assuming it went, but haven't confirmed it. I have a power light but I hit the test button and doesn't bog down or change idle at all. Could I replace the pump my self with something that could handle methanol? Is there anyone who could fix it? Or do I need to start from scratch with a progressive model. I just can't spend a bunch of money right now.

Is there anyone who could replace my pump on my dual spray smc alky kit. I'm assuming it went, but haven't confirmed it. I have a power light but I hit the test button and doesn't bog down or change idle at all. Could I replace the pump my self with something that could handle methanol? Is there anyone who could fix it? Or do I need to start from scratch with a progressive model. I just can't spend a bunch of money right now.

Clean the RCA jack connections on the bottle..plug and unplug them several times. Those connections corrode easily. Also remove alky tips from intake pipe and clean them..I put them in a bucket while I hit the test button to verify the fix. If this fails, then yes the pump is most likely dead. Do search on SMC pumps. They are replacable with a fuel pump from a toyota (I think)

I did send a message to Razor, but I haven't diagnosed it yet. So I will check out the connections and maybe I'll get lucky.

I am running an older SMC Alky set-up, my pump was bad and my friend at a parts store was able to look up the pump info by the numbers on the bad pump, i believe older chrysler mini vans used same pump as fuel pump. It was 30 bux or so. works like a charm, however you need to swap the fittings from your old pump to the new one.

Been through 3 of the chrysler mini van pumps, don't waste your time, the methanol eats up the aluminum parts on the new ones they sell (which are now $90).
Razor will sell you an external for $100, no warranty ;) and you just plumb it in. I attached it behind the bumper like his system does. Just get some copper plumbing to use as the pick up in the tank, run heavy duty hose to the pump and I ran steel braided back to the up pipe. Take a test light to the RCA plug that connects to the pump and have someone hit the test light and see if you have juice. I have replaced the hobbs switch on mine (runs the 'spray' light), the boost activation switch in the control box and the pump itself and it cost $160 total over the last 3 years. PM me if you have any questions. Been running mine for 7 years since I bought it used !

Thanks. I might have to do the external pump on my smc until I get the money to go with the whole progressive. I will get ahold of you for some advice. I have spent a bunch already to get my fuel pump situation figured out only to have the alky go out right after I got my new fuel pump and hot wire kit installed. Since I have a dual nozzle, will I have to put in smaller jets since the razor pump puts out more pressure? Or can I just turn it down?

It puts out the same pressure as the SMC. These aren't the pumps Razor puts in his systems.