I think I have trans problems

How long had it been in the car? I am told that being under mild boost without being at WOT can kill the trans. I wonder if all the builders advise against this. What are you going to do? I'd send that converter back in and have it cut open and checked too.

I talked to Bruce yesterday, Not really sure what happened yet? Looks nasty though:frown:The car will have to sit as I have a ton of stuff coming up and can't spend the cash now .No big deal Done for this year.

is that water in the pan with the oil .metal filings are never good are they .i never drive on boost without full throttle so the TV cable is pulled fully to get max line pressure i think thats why my T700 is still alive

The material looks like it came from the converter.More than likely a converter failure clogging the filter causing slipping.Trans has to come out.

Trans out.Thats fast,not bad for working on the floor with jack stands.Good luck with the repair.I think Jimmys should be in your area if you need a repair.

Thanks, Yeah I need to save cash at this point but wanted to get it out of the car. I wish I could do the work Myself ;) Anyone have any tips on how to flush cooler,trans lines and radiator?

Whoa... That was Fast! I wouldn't try to use that cooler again. Replace the lines and go external, or have the radiator sent out and flushed.

I just picked up that converter a few months ago used, trans was in the car so I have no idea what was done to it? I tipped that converter on it's side to dump the fluid out and you can hear parts so not sure what happened to it? I am going to send it to Bruce and see.

Man Sorry to see its down, hope not all summer... a couple months ago I did tranny fluid change and pulled out gunk along with chunks of a band... surprised it held up till I got my new Tranny yesterday from Dave H.. He set me up with all the goodies. Old one comes out tomorrow.