I saw an Illegal alien get run over today

Pablo

I was headed home after work when I look to the left to see this girl and her friend starting to walk infront of a truck pulling out of a strip mall onto the main road. The guy was looking left for traffic and was turning right, the girl was coming from his right. She just started walking infront as he was pulling out, obviously he was looking at traffic coming at him. She put her hand on his hood as if that was going to stop this truck and sure enough, I saw a ford ranger RUN OVER a human being. Needless to say I was in shock. So I ran over there, called 911 and waited on hold for like 5 mins.

The guy in the truck stopped and everything, it was an honest accident.

Turns out the girl didnt speak a lick of english, she seemed ok, the truck just ran over her legs. I think one of them might have been broken. We ended up having the guy put his truck half way in the road so traffic wouldnt hit us. Only myself and two other guys from base stopped to help which was ridiculous.
I ended up having to translate for the paramedics. The girls friend was ready to bolt, i could tell she was scared.

The craziest crap happens to me, just a couple months ago I was on the scene for a guy wrapping himself around a light pole. That experience really helped me out here because I was more or less thinking "here we go again" and really stayed quite calm even though I thought this person was a pancake initially.

The funny thing is, the whole past three days mexicans have been demonstrating in this crap little town and it has been the source of heated discussion at work. I was all day trying to convince this guy i work with that we are burdened by them, by many things to include medical expenses. And then that afternoon i see an illegal get run over and paramedics gave her top notch care and hauled ass to the hospital. Who is gonna foot the bill?

You and I my friends.... and she really could have exercised more caution crossing intersections like that.

Don't they give tickets for J walking in CA? How can you tell if she was illegal other than she spoke Spanish?

Pronto said:
Don't they give tickets for J walking in CA? How can you tell if she was illegal other than she spoke Spanish?
Come to Phoenix, it is not hard.

Wow, I dunno if youre religious but you may be doing Gods work being in the right places at the wrong times.

I was saying the exact thing about them burdening our medical systems yesterday! Something really needs to be done.

Pronto said:

Well I can't say I knew absolutely, but I can tell you that judging by the way she and her friend were acting (her friend, possibly a relative, wanted nothing to do with the authorities that showed up and just acted as a bystander) and the way they spoke, and considering the demographics of this town, it would be very likely that they were illegal

I dunno, if my friend or relative got run over I would be trying to ride the ambulance with them or at the least get as much information as I could to know whether or not she was going to be ok or where they were taking her.

...And what do you think the outcome would have been had YOU gotten run over in THERE native land??????? Just the way I look at things!!!!!

You are right, no one asked them for i.d. or insurance cards. The paramedics helped her regardless of who she was or her situation.

America as a nation is one of the most compassionate in the world if not THE most. Despite this people talk about us like we are evil even though people are risking their lives to get here.

Unfortunately everyone takes advantage of our compassion.

Pablo said:
You are right, no one asked them for i.d. or insurance cards. The paramedics helped her regardless of who she was or her situation.

America as a nation is one of the most compassionate in the world if not THE most. Despite this people talk about us like we are evil even though people are risking their lives to get here.

^^^BINGO!!^^^

for all you people here is a little history for your own intellect, the first people who were branded ILLEGAL ALIENS where the chinesse it happen during the gold rush when the chinesse started finding more gold than the white men, the white men label them as illegal aliens because they were so small and the way they look and began deporting and descriminating against them, honestly i think the whole illegal ALIEN name thing is very racist, why can we just say that they are illegal immigrants of the land and should be send back to the land they belong too or deal with having them become legal people of the land and pay taxes like everyone else, the ALIEN name calling is wrong and i dont agree with it, it is like calling a black person a Ni**** its just wrong wrong wrong..

wikedgn

wiked87gn said:
for all you people here is a little history for your own intellect, the first people who were branded ILLEGAL ALIENS where the chinesse it happen during the gold rush when the chinesse started finding more gold than the white men, the white men label them as illegal aliens because they were so small and the way they look and began deporting and descriminating against them, honestly i think the whole illegal ALIEN name thing is very racist, why can we just say that they are illegal immigrants of the land and should be send back to the land they belong too or deal with having them become legal people of the land and pay taxes like everyone else, the ALIEN name calling is wrong and i dont agree with it, it is like calling a black person a Ni**** its just wrong wrong wrong..

wikedgn

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wiked87gn said:

wikedgn

When a no insurance holding ALIEN comes and T-Bones your Buick because your state decided to grant him a drivers license in the name of political correctness then the term "Alien" will be the last thing on your mind when you're stuck with the medicial bills and the repairs to your car. Focusing on the name does nothing other than sidestep the real issue at hand. It still doesn't make up for the fact they are here ILLEGALLY!

wiked87gn said:

wikedgn
This is just my opinion! In and around where I live a BIG majority do NOT pay taxes. Alot of drug, gang,sex,theft,violent crime revolves around the presence! Furthermore,alot of the money generated by hanging out at "day laborer" areas is sent out of this country!!!That bugs the shi! out of me. Notice that I didn't once say "they" or "them"....so this is NOT a racial comment!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here we go again aliens immagrants blah blah blah....... :rolleyes:

Johnny

Burden on system hmmmm pm me and i educate you on people that are a burden on the system

Hey Why Dont You Change You Post To. I Saw A Women Get Run Over So You Dont Sound So Racist And Ignorante

87turbot said:
Hey Why Dont You Change You Post To. I Saw A Women Get Run Over So You Dont Sound So Racist And Ignorante

Wow, someone thinks that people should be following the laws of this country and they are labeled racist? :rolleyes:

Not burdening the system? What is the status of hospitals along the borders? What percentage of illegal immigrants are in our prison systems?

You want to know how many family farms I know of back in the midwest went under because they couldn't compete with the farms that would hire illegals?

In fact, when I was younger I lost a job to some illegals and I was working at minimum wage!

We're mexicos welfare system. We have enough of our own problems to have to solve Mexico's problems as well.

the only problem is who called the ambulance. Im tired of babysitting these F'ers

such nonsense

wiked87gn said:
honestly i think the whole illegal ALIEN name thing is very racist, the ALIEN name calling is wrong and i don't agree with it,

wikedgn
what in the hell is this country coming to? everyone wants to play that freaking race card!!!
wiked87gn said:
for all you people here is a little history for your own intellect, the first people who were branded ILLEGAL ALIENS where the chinese it happen during the gold rush when the chinese started finding more gold than the white men, the white men label them as illegal aliens because they were so small and the way they look and began deporting and discriminating against them,
I do not have time right know but I will check in on this, but I will tell you I DO NOT think you are correct on this. I'm going on a hunch here but I think the term "alien" the way you state it is a little early in history.

as for the people complaining about the mexicans not paying for medical help, look right here. do you have any idea how many white trash there is in this country that don't pay for medical help? that is not my problem with the illegals, my problem is the taxes we have to pay when our govt is giving them medicaid & other benefits. they also take Americans jobs, it will not be much longer & they my take your job!!

call me a racist but I don't care I call it like I see it!! that is what is going to bring this great country of ours to it's knees, people that are afraid of offending someone & think they have to accommodate everyone!!

Pablo said:

I understand your frustration with the hispanic population being on the rise. NC is one of the fastest growing states for the hispanic people.

But the paramedic giving top-notch care. It's there job no matter who it is. race,religion,etc. It's called the duty to act law. as a firefighter/medical responder myself. i can't not refuse treatment to anyone. it's one part of the laws that govern us. if i or anyone that was to refuse treatment to someone in medical attenion i or they could be held liaibable for them dying or a bad outcome affect on there health. It's the duty to act law.

Just My Opinion

PABLO, everyone here agree's you did the right thing, you went and did what you could for a person in-need, i read the post and at first it sounded like you were genuinely concerned about her welfare (whooo) but then you added the illegal stuff at the end, does that take away the fact you were one of the few who went out and helped :confused: to me the story of what happened was of your kind actions to help a fellow human being :) , it should have stayed that way, but i understand it's just a comment, i'm sure your a fine person know, so lets not come down on the guy to hard fellas :)

The fact remains the mexicans crossing over illegaly are costing the states that have to deal with them tons and tons of money that could have been being used on other projects- i understand that part but that had nothing to do with his post...until the last part.
At Fort Knox ( were i was stationed at) I'm CUBAN-AMERICAN
and like everyone i'm sure at one time or another we've all felt what rascisum
feels like, it happened to me and it changed my way of thinking my way of life.
Carlos E.

GODSPEED TO ALL OUR TROOPS OVERSEAS