I respectfully request........................................... ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, enough is enough. Please read the following carefully.

I truly appreciate and value "everyones" opinions and feedback throughout this thread and do thank you ALL for posting. There is truly no need for any name calling and as always, I have continually been respectful of others as everyone should be. I have made a couple of lame sarcastic attempts at humor simply because of my thread being closed without valid justification by someone that doesn't even follow the rules he says he is enforcing is just that, humorous! A power trip by someone without power.

The Buick for sale section does not have a STICKY stating that you must post a price! ONLY the NON BUICK for sale section does.

It also does not state ANYWHERE AT ALL that the price has to be "LEGITIMATE" as has now been brought up.

Obviously $650 Billion Dollars for a 1984 GN is "LEGITIMATE" as far as our moderator, Mr. Hauser is concerned and that is what he posted.

There is no rule of thumb as far as pricing whatsoever on this site and I stand by his right to price his car that way!

I would greatly appreciate it if you, Shane would step in and unlock my thread as it should have never been closed anyway. The reason that is should never have been closed is simple. It was posted by our moderator, Doug Hauser on the thread that I had 48 hours to post prices for all of the cars in the thread or it would be locked.

I did as instructed and posted prices similar(albeit ridiculous, but still not as ridiculous as the price in the same moderators car for sale thread here:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/233054-museum-quality-gn-5100-original-miles.html

In the event, he decides to go back and edit the thread, here is what the initial post stated and the time and date it was posted:

"November 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM
dhauser
Moderator Schmoderator Join Date: May 2002
Trader Rating: (0)

Museum quality GN with 5100 original miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1984 GN. Yeah, yeah, it's not intercooled, so what. This is a brand new car. It's almost too nice to drive. You have never seen a Lear Siglar interior this nice....Never! Everything works, AC is ice cold, runs perfect in every way. Always collector owned. Brand new Firestone tires just replaced dried out originals. Paint is stunning.

Asking $650 billion dollars, or if you don't like that price, make me an offer. I'm flexible....

Pics coming soon."

Please notice the above thread was started by our moderator, Mr. Doug Hauser in November of 2007.

Now, go back to the sticky that is ONLY posted in the Non Buick Cars for sale section of the site BY Mr. Doug Hauser in May of 2005 2.5 years before his own thread offering a 1984 GN for $650 billion dollars!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/non-buick-cars-sale/156682-new-rule-must-post-price.html

Again, in the event, he decides to go back and edit the thread, here is what the initial post stated and the time and date it was posted:

"May 23rd, 2005, 09:05 PM
dhauser

New Rule: Must post a price!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're selling something in the Cars for Sale forums, you must put an asking price on it. We aren't a fishing forum here, so post an asking price.

I will give everyone a couple of weeks to change their current posts to reflect this new rule, and then I will start deleting posts that don't have prices. I won't ask your permission, so please take care of business if you have corrections to make. Thanks."

Now, it gets better. He gets a post from RussellinNC stating:

"I can see where some would get upset about your listing of a "Price".....If everyone did that it may as well not have a price."

"November 10th, 2007, 03:01 PM
RussellinNC
Car lover!!!!!!!!!!! Join Date: Jul 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhauser
1984 GN. Yeah, yeah, it's not intercooled, so what. This is a brand new car. It's almost too nice to drive. You have never seen a Lear Siglar interior this nice....Never! Everything works, AC is ice cold, runs perfect in every way. Always collector owned. Brand new Firestone tires just replaced dried out originals. Paint is stunning.

Asking $650 billion dollars, or if you don't like that price, make me an offer. I'm flexible....

Pics coming soon.

You have some awsome cars (Really top notch stuff) but I can see where some would get upset about your listing of a "Price".....If everyone did that it may as well not have a price. See my point?

Russ "

Mr. Hauser responds with the following:

November 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
dhauser

If people really get upset by that sort of thing, they are massive dweebs with a serious poop-retention disorder and are in desperate need of a life of their own. If anyone here has serious interest in the car, they can call me or email me for a serious discussion.

Since for some reason, Mr. Hauser wants to put people down and call names, here is one more example, by him in his own thread justifying the need not to price his own car(legitimately as he likes to call it) in his own thread after posting a car for sale in the Buick Only section that DOES NOT have a sticky that states you must post a price.

So, unfortunately for all of you guys that are complaining about a price in my ad,(jdpolzin,Grumpy,wheelin,70Mach1,theMonch,Pronto,Just a Six??,wagon) your own moderator, Mr. Hauser is thumbing his nose at all of you and thinks you are all "massive dweebs with a serious poop-retention disorder and are in desperate need of a life of their own." Those are his own words from his own thread not mine.

A few weeks back he did post in my 2008 Challenger thread in the Non Buick for sale section that I had 48 hours to post a price. I did not do so and based on the rules of that section(THE STICKY), there must be a price. I did not post one within the alotted time and it was closed. I am perfectly fine with that.

What I am not fine with is the fact that:

1)There is no (STICKY) in the Buicks for sale section stating the cars must be priced.

2)When told to do so within 48 hours, I did price all of the cars in my thread in the Buicks for sale section (High, albeit much less than Mr. Hausers(Moderator) $650 Billion Dollars pricing for his 84 GN) My thread gets locked for doing my duty(based on his say so, not any STICKY in that section) in less than 24 hours.

I guess there is obviously a double standard here and while Mr. Hauser can obviously price his cars unreasonably and when people don't like it, he can just name call and that is OK.

When asked to price my cars in a section that it is not stated that there must be a price, I do and my thread gets locked for doing essentially the same thing.

My suggestion is this FWIW, appoint a new moderator that is not in the car business to moderate the for sale section. It appears that there is an obvious conflict of interest here.

Shane, obviously your call, but not to hard to figure out what common sense would dictate given the events of the last few days and the way guidelines are set up at this time. Either you need to make a decision to let threads run wild or do some house cleaning and make sure everyone follows the same rules. I don't have a problem with it either way, but as things are set up now, there is absolutely no valid reason that my thread should not be reopened.

Have a great day guys and thanks for listening!:cool:

Although I would agree with the majority on cars needing a price, most people also have a realistic idea of what a nicer car is worth when a collector is offering cars for sale. That said, Mr Moderator violated his own policy last November with the " museum quality " car he had listed. The closing of the previous thread was uncalled for.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/233054-museum-quality-gn-5100-original-miles.html

Bryan

WRONG. The actual asking price for that car was easily accessible and available for anyone to see on my website at ANY time, the link for which is in every one of my posts. Unlike TwoBryans who fishes and plays games with his cars and prices, mine are always available in one venue or more.

If you don't like the posting policies or the jobs the moderators are doing, you are always free to leave and go somewhere else.

Also, Mr. Turner, me giving you extra time to post your prices is a courtesy I extended to you at my own discretion. I could have easily just deleted all of the posts right from the start (which I will do in the future since you are incapable of following even the simplest of rules). When you decided to play games with it and be flippant, it was apparent to me and everyone else you had no intention of following the rules, thus the thread was locked. And you can quit already pretending that because the "post a price" sticky was located in the Non-Buick section that it didn't apply to Buicks as well. If your mom tells you not to run through the house with scissors, does it mean it's perfectly ok to run through it with knives? Puh-leez.

Oh, and before you go digging up previous posts of mine, maybe you should make sure your own doorstep is clean. Perhaps I will go out to Yenko.net and dig through the archives and find a few nice pieces you wrote in the past disparaging me and one of my cars for no reason whatsoever. How about I do that, just to be fair and show everyone what you do behind peoples' backs. But in the meantime, please, do keep prattling on. Show us more about who you really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.