i powder coated my intake over the weekend

that national

what do you guys think? the color is called blasted aluminum the front cover and the water pump are the same color, the black pieces are also powder coated. i also posted a pick of my porting job.

Attachments

• intake 1.jpg
    intake 1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 412
  • intake 2.jpg
    intake 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 418
  • port.jpg
    port.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 419
Nice! I powder coated the Valve covers, upper plenum and up pipe a similar color and the vacuum lines, cruise control and intercooler brackets semi gloss black. I am becoming hooked on powder coating! I want to do the intake eventually.

Looks good.

I love the blasted aluminum. Photos don't do it justice

I found out after starting myself that it's like tatoo's and women you can't live with just one piece! ;):biggrin:

Looks good. I powder coated the upper and lower plenums, the valve covers, the turbo shield, and a few brackets. I did it in work. it's easy, just gotta be able to blast or clean the metal so it is rust and corrosion free.

I got a powder coat system for x-mas. I have been powder coating everything in sight.:biggrin: I mean everything!:biggrin: Once you do one part the rest look dull and old! The intake looks great by the way!;)

Looks good. I powder coated the upper and lower plenums, the valve covers, the turbo shield, and a few brackets. I did it in work. it's easy, just gotta be able to blast or clean the metal so it is rust and corrosion free.

What did you use to powder coat the turbo heat shield? I was told most coatings are only good to 600 degrees.

Rich I was going to ask the same question. can we use the normal PC for the turbo heat shield, or do we have to go hi temp PC. Thanks Troy.

Powder coating is very addictive!! I used Silver Sparkel on mine bythe way. I got my heat shield done recently for a few bucks I figured it's better than having to paint it. Until I can find a nice stock one to cut up then I'll have that one done with Jet hot. Anyway from driving around it has held pretty good but I have a stock turbo. I'm sure it's not gonna last too long. Powder coat has to be baked at 400 degrees I believe about 30 min. for it to set. I did tell my guy not to put any clear on it I believe that will cause it to yellow pretty fast. When the shield gets hot you can feel the coating is definitley softer.

just a fyi. The metallic silver colors are *recommended* to be clear coated. The silver may turn or oxidize if left uncleared. No first hand experience with that though because I always clear coat my silver pieces. Yellowing clear coat is a non issue IMO.:) Going on 4 years since my upper/lower intakes were coated, still looks new. Turbo heat shield *should* be ok powder coated, never tried it.
Ross