I need to rebuild, to those that have would you do it the same again?

14minutes

The time has come for me to rebuild the engine in my 1987 grand national. I have not posted on this site for the past few years so I would think ideas have changed on what one should or should not do. A quick look appears everyone is going to very large injectors now. To those that have rebuild there motors would you do it the same way again or did you wish you had done something different?

That said I have had my 1987 GN since 92 I think and I did all the basic upgrades mostly back during the early internet days. I still have the stock turbo and plan on keeping it for a little while longer, a 3 inch downpipe from? upgraded intercooler neck, blue stripe injectors ( open to change those) K&N different valve springs ( I plan on new heads) hotwire kit,adjustable fuel regulator, ported elbow, turbo bell, different fuel pump and wire harness, alky kit from ??? , chip from eric at turbo tweak? and scanmaster and gauges and other bits and pieces I have since forgotten. My transmission has a lot of art carr pieces work that was done in the early 90's.

I have been wanting to rebuild for a longtime but just did not want to tear into it for no reason other that the rear main has been leaking forever. I am not looking to build a monster I just want to upgrade on a cost effective basis to have a nice driver with some spunk. The car has the original motor with 135k on it. It will start but all is not well.

What I would like to do is purchase a built shortblock and probably go with iron heads unless the aluminum is now the way to go and basicly build the motor beside my car and then just swap it out in quick order. I could read for months and just get confused.