I need help

USMC_Turbo6

The left turn signal has been acting crazy :confused: for sometime now. When I turn it on the 4 way flashers come on. I have traced what I believe to be every wire for it, I have checked all of the grounds, every bulb, I have put in a brand new turn signal flasher. So now I'm lost and out of ideas:banghead: on what to do now. This is the only thing that keeping my from driving the car like I want. I'm to the put it's time to pay someone to fixit.:mad:

So can someone HELP ME PLEASE:(

for me its no big deal ..for you i cant say
allen wrench to remove horn
13/16 wrench to take nut off end steering shaft (pry the clip off first)
steering wheel puller (12.00)to pull steering wheel ,
cancelling cam puller(17.00) and small picks to remove the retainer ring slide off canceling plate
13mm wrench to undo the 4 bracket bolts from column so the harness plug end can be slid up
and a philips to unscrew the turn signal assembly and hazard button

and youll need the turn signal assembly

before you even pull it you can plug in the new one under the dash and see that its the issue

Try to isolate the problem by disconnecting what ever items that could affect the problem. Such as the rear taillight connection in the drivers side rear of the trunk, bulkhead connector at the firewall including fuses if an affected circuit can be pinpointed then start tracing wires a good wiring diagram is beneficial.. Most of the times electrical problems are caused by busy fingers trying to install alarm systems & stereos & various gadgets. Look for any evidence of that.

Try to isolate the problem by disconnecting what ever items that could affect the problem. Such as the rear taillight connection in the drivers side rear of the trunk, bulkhead connector at the firewall including fuses if an affected circuit can be pinpointed then start tracing wires a good wiring diagram is beneficial.. Most of the times electrical problems are caused by busy fingers trying to install alarm systems & stereos & various gadgets. Look for any evidence of that.

Thank you Sir, Will look into that as well tomorrow

Thank you Sir, Will look into that as well tomorrow
Its a process of elimination starting with the most obvious. It;s easy to become frustrated. start with a wiring diagram think of it as a road map.
Your chances of getting where you want to go are always better if you study a map and not much different with wiring.

Its a process of elimination starting with the most obvious. It;s easy to become frustrated. start with a wiring diagram think of it as a road map.
Your chances of getting where you want to go are always better if you study a map and not much different with wiring.

I never thought of it that way

Being in the military I'm sure your better than me reading maps I have gotten lost in a super market :wacky:

Sometimes walking away & taking a break is best. Next day you have a fresh outlook. If all else fail park the car near the border & leave the keys in it and let nature take its course. :)

Sometimes walking away & taking a break is best. Next day you have a fresh outlook. If all else fail park the car near the border & leave the keys in it and let nature take its course. :)
Most times, walking away and making an appointment with Lou is always the best solution.

Most times, walking away and making an appointment with Lou is always the best solution.
Gary I appreciate that but even I have a time of it trying to fix electrical that others went in & modified. With stock wiring you have factory diagrams once something is changed or tampered with as I willing to bet with this guys problem then it becomes more challenging and time consuming. The car never left the factory with this problem but of course I love to assume the worst it could also be something simple.

Paul's list of what to do to replace the turn signal switch is very good, but I would like to add one step that has helped me when doing this job.

Before I remove the old part, I tie a strong thread to the connector. This will make it easier to thread and pull the new connector and wires down the column.

This is also VERY helpful when replacing a speedo cable at the dash cluster! :)

What does these two wire go to

Attachments

• 1435951386039.jpg
    1435951386039.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 1435951402793.jpg
    1435951402793.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited: