I need help of the forum PLEASE!!!

rx4mike

I need assistance from anyone that can help with this problem... I purchased a rebuilt tranny from monstertansmissions.com and switched it out myself. Between turbobuick.com and gnttype.org i was able to swap out a refurb/rebuilt tranny from www.monstertransmission.com. MY PROBLEM IS after the car has been runing n for 3 min it begins to pop and buck like a sensor is acking up. Car shuts off and doesnt want to run. I checked all the sesnors and coil pack hookups that I removed but no loose connections found. PLEASE someone help I am running outta time to register the tranny for the first part of he warramty when delivered. I jumper the onboard AB switch to see what codes are being tripped and it WILL NOT go into diagnostic mode, also making a scantool useless. I hope someone can help me figure this problem out.

Thanks Mike

Check all your fuses, and fusable links at starter, but more importantly, check the grounds at the back of the cylinder head and on the bell housing. If all those check out, swap out the ecm with a known good one and see if it will communicate with the scan tool. Check out http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/ lots of good info there on troubleshooting.

It turned out to be the coil pack/ignition module bolt on top behind the coil pack was cross threaded and not all the way tightened up. once this prob was resolved the car began running properly..except for a O2 sensor prob will change and go from there. But thanks. I found your recomendation helpful. for many other things..

Thanks again

Mike