i need a car cover recommended

bluehair

I want a good light weight thin(like a bed sheet) car cover for my buick, just to keep the dust and bugs off of it while sitting in my garage...really nice paint and id like to keep it that way.

I had a car cover years ago that was just like a bed sheet...and rolled up in a bag for carrying or storing in your trunk..all I see on fleabay and other sights now is thicker or microfiber etc... im afraid it would rub places or put light scratches on it...

anyone?

California Car Covers make a few levels of car cover for the g bodies that fit like a glove. I have a heavier duty outside grade one but it's not super thick or heavy. The indoor ones are probably what you are looking for and the fit is perfect.

I brought this one a year and half ago I love it. Fits extremely well. My car in a garage keep car and doesn't see too much daylight except when I am working on her most of the time. It's a great cover and it is light and water resistant (u haven't tried to wet it though. Lol) I believe it was a 2wks turnaround before I received it.

http://carmotorsports.com/car_covers.htm

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I want a good light weight thin(like a bed sheet) car cover for my buick, just to keep the dust and bugs off of it while sitting in my garage...really nice paint and id like to keep it that way.

I had a car cover years ago that was just like a bed sheet...and rolled up in a bag for carrying or storing in your trunk..all I see on fleabay and other sights now is thicker or microfiber etc... im afraid it would rub places or put light scratches on it...

anyone?

I can't give any advise on which cover to use but your concerns on scratching your nice paint job is very valid. Any cover you put on the car will scratch your paint to some degree no matter what anyone says. Some people are just not that anal about ultra fine scratches that sometimes can only be seen under a halogen spotlight. If the wind blows into your garage that can force dust under your cover and cause scratching that way. The good news is you should be able to remove most, if not all, the scratches caused by the cover with a good polishing :)

My only advice would be to always wash the car thoroughly immediately before placing the cover on. Covering a dirty car (even if you only drove it around the block after washing) will introduce dust to the side of the cover that rubs against your car and will accelerate the scratching. But like I said, if your not that anal about your paint then you probably won't notice the scratches until it gets really bad.

NOPE. im that anal about my paint. I have halogens in my garage and im starting to see fine little scratches and its ticking me off.
I always wash it and detail it before I put it up...even if for a few days before I drive it. so a light indoor cover would be perfect...just cant find them around here.

NOPE. im that anal about my paint. I have halogens in my garage and im starting to see fine little scratches and its ticking me off.
I always wash it and detail it before I put it up...even if for a few days before I drive it. so a light indoor cover would be perfect...just cant find them around here.

I feel your pain. I'm anal that way too :D. It's a curse I tell ya !

..And let me know if you find a nice lightweight cover that won't scratch as much. I'd be interested in buying one myself.

Sorry to tell you, "bluehair,"
But that's the nature of the beast with these black cars, you will see minors scratches no matter what to you do, how much you wash it (btw, washing induces scratches also) you will get surface scratches. I have been as careful as one possibly can , not to eliminate scratches but to minimize them. Eventually you will have to work on it and put mats and pads on the fenders etc and that will induce surface scratches. Just don't scratch it with a screwdriver or your keys, lol

Sent from my HTCONE using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Have you considered building a lightweight frame out of PVC and suspending it from your ceiling and you can use whatever you wish to encapsulate the car? Cheap but you have to fold the cover up and you can even put it on some type of pulley system to raise or lower. Dont laugh to hard, its late and I cant sleep.

Have you considered building a lightweight frame out of PVC and suspending it from your ceiling and you can use whatever you wish to encapsulate the car? Cheap but you have to fold the cover up and you can even put it on some type of pulley system to raise or lower. Dont laugh to hard, its late and I cant sleep.

WOW...LOL...now that's what im talking about.
yes I have washed my car maybe three times total since ive owned it and every time I lose my religion...little tiny scratches, looks like I washed it with sand paper...OMG!! even with new sponge, good soap etc...
I swear if this thing was silver or white I would sleep much better at night.

I brought this one a year and half ago I love it. Fits extremely well. My car in a garage keep car and doesn't see too much daylight except when I am working on her most of the time. It's a great cover and it is light and water resistant (u haven't tried to wet it though. Lol) I believe it was a 2wks turnaround before I received it.

http://carmotorsports.com/car_covers.htm

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hold your belly laughs - but - They sell one very similar at Big Lots.
Less the custom logo.
Very light weight, parachute like material.
I use that one for indoor use or if I'm just going to sit someplace outside for a brief spell.
Like all covers - I just try to not drag it all over the car when putting it on. - But kind of throw it on best I can and grab the corners without too much "sanding".
Easier said than done when you car is always highly waxed. Having two people is always the trick. AND a power antenna that will go down! :mad:
It rolls up into a very small package.

Does it scratch?
I'm guessing - yes - like they ALL do.
But so does the best microfiber sponge or towel if I wash or dry my car.
That's what happens when you actually USE a car - and don't keep in in a protective bubble.
And I like it that way! :D
99.99% of people never notice what we notice.
They're too busy trying to put their tongues back in their mouth. :p

So twice a year, get out the clay bar, and Mcguires and get to work when you can't take the micro scratches any longer.
But I tend not to overdo all kinds of constant rubbing and polishing - on black.
I just live with it until I feel the urge to get it back to glass.

anyone?

I have an extra CoverCraft Weather Shield HP cover, it is light and smooth. It glides very easily over the car. I bought it in January (from Highway Stars NOS4GN) for another G Body car I have since sold. It is the same as the Calfornia Car Cover brand Superweave as I also have that one for my GN and both covers have the "Weathershield HP" tag on them so I am guessing both companies source them from the same supplier. Anyway, it is all black, very lightweight, can be washed in a residential front load washer. These covers are great for keeping the dust off your car. I paid $350 for it in January, message me for more details if interested.