I just don't know anymore!!!

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
It has been a while since I had posted on here. I really do hope all has been well you guys and don't really want to see anyone leave the seen:redface:

I just really don't know about kids now a days. I am 29 my self.

Ever since I had seen my first Grand Nash, I had to have one:cool:

I had brought a younger guy down to my shop earlier today. I did not really want to nor cared to, but I do like to help people out. Anyways, I have my 84 GN and 84 WH1 in the back. He said nice Montes. I looked at him and said G Body yes. Monte NO:mad: He said whats the diffeance they are all the same. I said yeah right!! Look all around, all I have is pictures and posters of them cars everywhere. I am one of the many few and it seems to get worst everyday:eek:

He went on and on have fast his buddys honda is and how it could smoke my cars!! I told him to that may be true, of course you could they don't run, but mine are not just any regular honda or what ever else you may have:wink:

I went on to tell him about the good old AMERICAN CARS and how they are a dying breed. We went into details for hours and I think I may have gotten thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we are a rare breed, and I mean that seriously. Are cars are for sure the best of the breed for with out us Buick would have gave up and went on another direction:eek:

Take a small block chevy and place it next to your nice puny(??) 3.8 V6 damn it looks small as hell. Now picture a Monte, Elky, Cutlass with a V8 and the power our cars have with that crappy lil' V6:rolleyes:

Now think... ARE THEY REALLY THAT SLOW:p

Please never give up hope and it may not always be how fast your car really is, but how it was remembered. Our cars will always go down in history as the #1 American car to be built. Out of all the cars out there many agree they are the best. I had taught one punk kid what it takes to move a car in our weight bracket with one tiny little motor to where it could and still does to this day:biggrin:

I can sympathize camfreek. My friends don't understand my affliction either. Most of the young people don't have the memories we older guys have. The sound of a hot and heavy v8 for the first time, the look on the other drivers face when you plaster his idiot A** was you blowing by him and get his title in return. LOL The history of the cars and what they mean is hard to impress sometimes.

Don't get me wrong

Please, please don't get me get. I have nothing against V8's what so ever. I really just love American cars, Always have and always will. Thats just the way I am and always will be:eek: I think back to stories I have read of about how Caulde would steel Ford cars, he could hear them and knew the power of them and that was their demize?? but it had burned a nice image in my head.

Please keep in mind, and I hope many of you don't take it the wrong way. We are a family trying to keep our heritage of cars alive. No matter where you go everyone will regonize our cars and remember us, and they will tell our children of cars like ours.

It freaks me out that in a time like this many have to sell, just to make ends meat!!

I remember where I had got all of my cars from and I am 1000% sure you all can to.

Basically we may not be the fastest on the streets, might not get all the looks, Hell 90% of people don't even know what we drive. But... That will never stop us as a small breed of car owners;) from doing what they love.

[asically we may not be the fastest on the streets, might not get all the looks, Hell 90% of people don't even know what we drive. But... That will never stop us as a small breed of car owners;) from doing what they love.[/QUOTE]

I can easily get my 329 block moving. Do not give up hope. I am only 90 minutes away. Before you piss away your wallet call. Brad

??

[asically we may not be the fastest on the streets, might not get all the looks, Hell 90% of people don't even know what we drive. But... That will never stop us as a small breed of car owners;) from doing what they love.

I can easily get my 329 block moving. Do not give up hope. I am only 90 minutes away. Before you piss away your wallet call. Brad[/QUOTE]

I am not giving up what so ever. I was actually hoping these words of wisdom would help those that are giving up;)

I had spoke to you at once on the phone, you are a real cool guy and you really know what you are talking about with these cars!! I swear you designed them!! Don't take that the wrong way please?? I hope to build one of mine up and break a few records my self:eek:

Only 18 years old here and I own one of these beautiful turbo Buicks. Trust me, I get the same trash from all of my friends in my age bracket. All trashing my 'old mans car'. Pshaw. If only they knew.

I'm going to teach them all a lesson when this baby o' mine is winning races against them one by one. ;)

I gotta say I'm 23 and I've known about our cars since I was in high school. I wanted one and now I have one. This year, I will have owned my car 6 years. I'm not letting go of it, no matter how much people try to persuade me otherwise. I like being different. I love the ignorance of a lot of kids these days. I love the fact people think it's a Monte. It means we're becoming a sleeper car like we always were. Their ignorance is our bliss, as far as I'm concerned.

I gave a buddy a ride in my car a few years back and after we got back to the shop I worked at, he turned to me and said "Chris, I never would've known that car was fast if you hadn't taken me for a ride." I looked at him and said, "Good!":cool:

Really!!

I am actually very suprised to see how young you guys are!! You know what I am talking about then. I am just so sick of hearing about these hondas and imports out by me. I barely take my car out and my neighbors are all into the import crap and bash me all the time.

First off I have yet to see a true 9 second honda street car, So they need to shut up;)

Second if my and our cars for that matter are out of date, then why is it when I go to the car shows with mine everyone is always telling me, wow nice car, you don't see those much anymore!!!

I really just had to vent a little. I love my cars and will never let them go. I am just kinda tired of hearing all the crap, but it really does make it all worth the while to me.

The best part is when I pop the hood and the look I get. What kind of motor is that???? Oh and the best one, wheres the intercooler;)

The best thing is when the kids tell me how their buddies are running 10-15psi of boost. I look and say to them thats it:rolleyes: My car likes it around 20psi, and I always hear that yeah right crap:eek:

That's the best part I'd imagine though.

That so many of those chumps think that it's slow.

I had one guy around my age come over to see it. I popped the hood and showed him the turbo/etc. He popped the hood on his Jetta and just gaped in awe.
"Wow. Your Turbo dwarfs mine."

I had given him a ride in it around the neighborhood, even though its relatively stock, he was pretty shocked. Said he'd do a few mods before he runs me. Told him I'd have a few done as well. :D

Camfreak & Saladin45

you guys are both totally right!

now that I know im not the baby here! 24 aint so bad.

I have had many a young (like 2 weeks younger than me) punk in a camaro or daddy vette get there ass handed to them buy my Buick V6! and nuthing feels better than the "AWW HE CHEATED THERES HIDDEN NAWWS IN THERE"

its soo good to make em cranky!

LOL

Make it even better by telling them you did it with a crappy le baron engine and a carburator!

A.j.

Haha, unfortunately I think I'm probably the youngest. Unless we have some minor running around the boards that hasn't spoken yet. And those cars you have are still carb'd? What time's are you busting out with those suckers?

I think really the best part about our cars is the fact that all generations absolutely love them. My buddy Dan (aka henschman here on the boards) and I both own Turbo Buicks and we believe we're the only Turbo Buick owners in the Northern OK area. We know there's a few guys in OKC, but none here in Stillwater. To be honest, we kinda like it that way.

If I bring my car to a show, A lot of older guys come up and give compliments as well as a few younger guys too. I think the funny thing about my generation is that there's 2 sides to the coin when it comes to our cars. They either bash us or think we're absolutely unstoppable. My car has ran a best of 14.66@95 Surely not unstoppable, but it'll get there. If I can reach LS1 territory, I'll be happy. Only to make camaro/firebird guys swallow their pride. They are the guys, I notice that do the majority of bashing (TTA guys not included). Same with import guys.

Haha, unfortunately I think I'm probably the youngest. Unless we have some minor running around the boards that hasn't spoken yet. And those cars you have are still carb'd? What time's are you busting out with those suckers?

I havent timed my stocker draw thru system yet in my red truck and the blue truck turned a 13.99 at 98 mph with a 4.1 and a carb... but weight is my advantage.

I dont believe in EFI

just more carbs.

LOL

A.j.

I am 41, myself and I was 16, fresh with a drivers licence in 1985 when I saw my first GN. Being from Alabama I can tell you Bobby Allison started it all by winning NASCAR Championship and Buick rewarded with a special Car, the Grand National. I was driving my Dad's Mark Donohue Javelin one when this Black Regal pulled up at a light. It hissed, and as the light changed to green I can up 2500 on the convertor and we launched, I had the GN neck to neck by the 1/8 mile. At the next light I rolled down my window, and the guy asked me what I had under the hood, I told him a 401. He responded back saying he had a 3.8 v6. I SCREAMED no way. I went home puzzled:mad: , I had been kicking T/A and 5.7 IROC AZZ's. I asked my Dad to tune her up and he did. But she did not need a tune. He questioned me about the BALD tires and I told him I had been playing around. I asked him about the new black Regal's. He already knew...... The Regal I ran was his Boss?:mad: :mad: :mad:

What I did not know was that car had a Borla Exhaust, Duttweiler headers and downpipe. Oops, I forgot to mention, It had a water injection on 18lbs. The night, I ran him, I got off work from Autoshack (Now known as Autozone), and he was testing his 75hp NOS system.... My dad had run 12.50 1/4 in the Javelin on G60 Cheater Slicks. I had bald Cheater slicks still on the Javelin. He could not wait to tell my Dad about the run. The Plant my Dad worked at had all type of Muscle cars around, but no one knew about the GN. This is 1985, ain't no V6 going to beat a small block, let alone a big block. My 401 had a Erson Cam, Pro Stock heads, Torqueflite tranny with a convertor and 3.90 gears. The 401 came out of a Alabama State Trooper Javelin Intercepter.

I then knew that I wanted a Regal, not a Monte Carlo. I actually had a MC SS. I could not be the GN's. I have a built roller cammed 400 on NOS (250hp) with a Tony Rossi built 700r4. I was scarry...... I grenaded the 7.5 3.73 rear and bought at GN 3.42 rear. On top end on NOS, I ran over 175mph down I-459 one late ngiht. The SS front end and the nose were so aerodynamic, my friends in a stock 305 SS and a mild 350 SS trailed me and we eventually drafted TALLADEGA style down I-459.... Bad Idea:eek: :eek: At 175mph and two cars bumper to bumper, breaking away from each other WAS bad.... the 305 car dug a trench in the grassy median, while the 350 car did a couple of 180's. We all learned that NIGHT, leave the real driver to the NASCAR guys.......

yea im 20 got my first grand national acouple of months ago plus im from europe work for volkswagen and id much rather drive a american car

Those kids today

Those kids today. My oldest daughter is 14 and is embarased to be seen in my GN. I have told her that it was going to be her first car but she says I don't think so.(I'm just kidding, I wouldn't dare give it to her). When I ask her what kind she wants she just says "a red one". When I ask "a red what honey" she just says "a red car daddy...duh..." Where did I go wrong??:confused:

Those kids today. My oldest daughter is 14 and is embarased to be seen in my GN. I have told her that it was going to be her first car but she says I don't think so.(I'm just kidding, I wouldn't dare give it to her). When I ask her what kind she wants she just says "a red one". When I ask "a red what honey" she just says "a red car daddy...duh..." Where did I go wrong??:confused:

ROFLMAO!!! Maybe you need to give her a wide open throttle experience?:eek:

Well I'm kinda in the middle here at the ripe age of 31. I have loved these cars since I saw my 1st one at a show when I was 14. I then bought an 83 N/A limited as my first car....actually the '80 Pinto was the first:redface: ...but I don't count that one. I drove the '83 all through high school and loved it. Only to be cornholed in 1995 by an '83 Toronado on my 18th birthday.:mad: :mad: :mad: Then the search was on to find another ride. I SOOOOO wanted a GN.....but that was out of the question. I drove other g-bodies like the Montes, but they were just not the same. So I settled for an '84 N/A Regal and I made a GN clone. (Minus the turbo) I got bashed so much in school and later on about driving "Grandma's 'ol beater". I didn't care though...I loved the Regal and still do. I still have that 84. 3 years ago I bought my 85 GN wrecked. Poured my blood, sweat, and tears....and my savings....into restoring it over the last 2-1/2 years. So many people asked me why I would dump all that money into an old wreck like that. Others would ask why I didn't just buy one that is already nice. These are the people that don't have a "connection" to these cars. They will NEVER understand. I get a little sick feeling when I see a TR wrecked or parted out. Though I know it is necessary to keep other ones on the road, It still makes me a little sick to see one that will never see the road again. This is something alot of younger people, (present company excluded) just don't understand...and most never will. You guys that are 18 and such are the ones that will keep these cars in the mainstream and keep the hobby alive. Thanks.