I have undersize bearings on stock motor?

Tungsten

Did GM put different sized bearings on their motor from factory? :confused: My 1st and 3rd main bearings (just the top halfs) seem to be .001 undersize?
or is that 001 on the bearing just for fun :biggrin:

9vha2o.png

Yes

They did mix and match them. There is some kind of letter code for tenths of a thousands. See if some of the rods and mains have letters on them.

They did mix and match them. There is some kind of letter code for tenths of a thousands. See if some of the rods and mains have letters on them.

They do, but it seems that the bearing just left an imprint on the back. And you cant clean it off either. Otherwise i cant find any numbers

1hazb4.png

5d7707.png

They do, but it seems that the bearing just left an imprint on the back. And you cant clean it off either. Otherwise i cant find any numbers

1hazb4.png

5d7707.png

i have taken several "original" engines apart and found one or two .001 bearings on half of a journal-------its a way of ending up with a .0005 bearing to allow for very minor journal variations

i have taken several "original" engines apart and found one or two .001 bearings on half of a journal-------its a way of ending up with a .0005 bearing to allow for very minor journal variations

thanks guys, im just going get two 001 unders and the rest std, and mic it, then go from there. :D

We have one set(6) of Geniune GM rod bearings that are .0008" Undersize if anybody is interested in them. GM part number 18005400. PM me or Bweavy for a price.

Attachments

• Erics Pix 277.jpg
    Erics Pix 277.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 143
We have one set(6) of Geniune GM rod bearings that are .0008" Undersize if anybody is interested in them. GM part number 18005400. PM me or Bweavy for a price.

i'll take them------tell brian to send them to me and i will call him with a credit car #............RC