I have several suspension questions...

67gsconv

67gsconv
Hey Guys,
I have some questions about the 87 T suspension. I'm in the process of gathering parts to rebuild the suspension, front and rear. The car has 180,000 miles on it. I have new stock ACDelco front and rear coils and shocks. I have ordered a front end rebuild kit with stock replacement parts. I need to find out about the front and rear spring isolators. Do you have to have both upper and lower isolators? What are the part numbers for the sway bar end links and sway bar bushings, (front and rear, stock replacement)? The part numbers for the upper and lower rear control arm bushings, (stock replacement)? Do you need to replace the front lower A-arm rubber bumpers? Do you need to replace the hardware that retains the upper and lower rear control arms? And do you need to replace the rear pinion snubber? I am new at this and trying not to sound like an idiot and I apologize for the amount of questions. Any help that any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again.

Sincerely,
67gsconv

Rear stock control arm bushing upper/lower's are all the same(MOOG #K6178). The front of the car upper/lower A-arms are a different part #. The Spring's I went with MOOG stock replacements front (Moog#5606) and rear (moog#5379). Summitracing.com carrys these also the insulator's for the springs. I believe there's one insulator for each front spring that goes on the top of the spring. Then for the rear spring insulator I think One goes on top & one goes on bottom. Look up the website just put in car info 1987 buick regal/grand national. It should show u, their also pretty quick at shipping.

Last edited:
I just replaced my rears with the moogs and mine only had isolaters on top of spring.

67gsconv, I haven't replaced the springs/shocks yet on my car, It's still winter here. I only have the parts and some on the way. I'm not sure about the rear spring insulators, I know u need it least one per spring. Looking at the summitracingcom website they sell the insulator for the front as singles (one per spring)and the rear they sell as a pair, So I thought that maybe they would be 2 insulators for each of the rear spring. I'm not sure. ITSAV6 might be right, One insulator per spring on the top.

Last edited: