I Gotta Meke These Seats Fit!, Cadillac 2 Gbody!

Khanine

Gotta Make Em Work.
Got Some Free Black Leather Seats.
They Are Nice.

i have a regal
and these seats came from a lac.

is there a floor track adapter kit or somethin.

Any help Would Be Appreciated!

Do you have a welder? If this is anything like the project I did on my 70 Xlark it is not a terrible job but you need to make some good solid brackets. I put the seats from a Chrylser Sebring convetable in my 70. Reason is these seats have built in shoulder harness.

Step one is to get the lower seat cushions off so you can see the frame. Set the frame down and check out how close stuff is. You will probably need to check the height carefully. The new seats tend to sit up higher than those in A and G bodies.

Take some pics and post them out for all of use to check out. Then a whole bunch of people can give you ideas. Should lead to some good arguements. :tongue:

Pics

Here Are The Seats.

l_20663177211f76ddfe5c9577fbbbc5b9.jpg

l_b47ff85ad6b7b47b8482e18bab7e9eb2.jpg

l_87ae1a61acab1bd611c267a59e554f58.jpg

nterior1.jpg

I just did swap this weekend with full leather from 94 park ave. i had 60/40 cloth

On the rear leg you have in pic...the oblong hole I notched for stud to fit.

The bench in back was flat where as OEM had hump I flipped seat over, removed some staples, (cutting wheel)with some steel backing plate so i wouldnt cut through leather etc and I cut the frame and then i took a peice of 3/8 stock i had, bent it to half moon using hump from oem seat as templet, removed some foam and tack welded it in place of the frame i removed, and as Chiltons says...to reinstall reverse procedure.

I did have issue with my new front seatbelt clasps as they didnt want to lock onto oem shoulder clasp so I pulled the female ones from back seat, unbolted the Park ave ones that were attached to bench and replaced with ones from my back seat and no one will be riding back there so i didnt need belts, But for some of you guys with the whip set up you may want to keep em cause your pasenger might start off in the front but end up in the back....but im not there yet.

I just removed my oem long female ones from tunnel and i did that due to the one has the extra belt for middle pass and i didnt want to just cut it off and i couldnt run em still attached to tunnel with new electric 10 way mutli adjustaple pimpy fine leather.

my new power seat controls are now located inside my consol armrest

NOTE: I just notched frame, welded stock then cut frame through just in case...didnt want frame to go BOING

one more note on retro fit

the one hole on rear leg I notched yes but the other hole nothing..since the stud was in front of leg.

so there is only one stud attached to each rear leg...for now.

what i prolly will do is weld small plate on bottom of leg, forward with hole to fit the outside studs

guess i shoulda took pics of the frankenstien in progress but was nothing but a days work.

is it frankenstien? or frankenstein? hmmm igor or egor?
hey wasnt your hump on the other......? oh never mind

Complete!

It Worked.
But The Cadillac Tracks Needed Modification So We
Took The Lac Tracks Off And Switched It With The g-body Tracks.

Fit Perfectly@!