I Got Beat!!!

are_one

It finally happened yesterday as I was coming home from work, but I blame it on my cockyness from never having any real competition. Well anyways as I merged off the hwy I pulled in front of an F150. He was tailing me pretty bad so I slowed down even more (we were in traffic so he couldn't go around). The road begins to open up, so I anticipate he was going to try to come by me, so I get ready to mash the gas if he starts to come around. Sure enough he gets over and blows by me. I hear a supercharger whine, and then I noticed the lightning emblems. I hit the gas too late, just as Im spooling up he's steady pulling away. I lost because I figured no truck w/the exception of sidewinder/typhoon is gonna beat me, so the moral is don't show mercy to anyone.

sorry i hate to here that, but the truth of the matter is, this is not the early 90s. no more Iroczs and formula 350s to pick on the gn is a car that was ahead of its time, and the world has finally caught up to us. my car is basicly stock and like 442 said i dont even bother to race anything, but mustangs and ricers you can still beat on late mustangs you got to know which ones to pick on. time to spend some money or just put on some drag tires and dump the exhaust and make people think you are fast. believe me it works i had ws6s and ss, and even a z06 give me repect they all gave me thumbs up and told me nice ride. like i said spend the money because the gns reputation alone wont cut it.

Originally posted by greg wilson
the gns reputation alone wont cut it.

Yeah. And if you guys with stock cars keep letting people kick your butts we won't even have the reputation ;)

Seriously, you can't win 'em all. At least when you're in a TR you're looking good even if you're losing. Plus, that Lightning owner will pick on the wrong TR someday thanks to you.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
Plus, that Lightning owner will pick on the wrong TR someday thanks to you.

Jim

yeah like ME!:D

let's see him pick on my GN running 25 lbs of boost on a te-44 turbo and alky injection...weeeeeeee

actually i raced a newer lightning a long time ago when i was nearly stock and i beat him decently bad...they can pull at the top end that's for sure...they got much bigger motors than we do

...they can pull at the top end that's for sure...they got much bigger motors than we do [/B]

yeah a while back i got crucified top end by a lightning.... i got the jump on him and had him for a bit, but then, it was like he got ass ended by a jumbo jet!!:eek:

Great,

Now I'm gonna have Ford Lightnings chasing me down for a race everywhere I turn. You should go down to the track and see if you can find that truck. Find out what he's turnin'.

Looks like time for the mods.

the stock ones aren't that quick. my friend's brother has an 02', and he went a 13.90 with traction control vs. my 13.50 with NO traction! but, they are fast trucks. my local guru has one going 11.80's with a few mods. oh well, they do have cubes on us!

Originally posted by turbojimmy
Yeah. And if you guys with stock cars keep letting people kick your butts we won't even have the reputation ;)

Jim

Boy isn't that the truth!! :eek:

Lightning w/ traction control? or do you mean he hooked?? My Lightning had no top end. It was extremely similar to a stock GN, just a little faster.

I THINK THAT BOTTOM LINE, THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY TR OWNERS TURNING IN A TIMESLIP SLOWER THAN 12.90. WE CAN DO THAT WITH STOCK PARTS, FOR GOD SAKES! SCRATCH THAT, WE ALL KNOW THAT WE CAN HIT MID 12'S WITH GOOD GAS AND STOCK PARTS. SOME PEOPLE EVEN FASTER! (11'S) I MEAN, EVEN IF YOU ARE BROKE, YOU CAN STILL AFFORD AN ADJUSTABLE WASTEGATE (DIY) JUST THAT AND A HOT WIRE AND SOME MORE BOOST IS ALL IT TAKES. SORRY, I'M JUST SICK OF PEOPLE RUNNING 14'S WITH OUR CARS. I SAW 2 OF THEM AT MY LOCAL STRIP LAST TIME I WENT. RIDICULOUS! 14.50'S!:eek:

We all have to start somewhere

GNFURY,

I understand your disappointment with the lack of met potentional that these cars are seeing, but a lot of these cars started in the same place. Out of tune... poorly modded... unmodded.

I remember when I couldn't get outta the 14s if my name was get outta the 14s. Just because I didn't know... then sure enough, I got a good tailwind along with some help on here and the chat rooms.. didn't see 14s ever again.

Yes, you're right, we know the cars are fast, but sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes your the bug.

Heck, I remember back in the days when crushing the fuel regulator with a socket was a mod. I still have a video of them STRUGGLING to get in the 12s. Slicks... traction bars... $300 chips... Saw a TR not too long ago that had a paddle switch that turned off the fan. It was mounted in the grill area so when the wind coming through the grill pushed the paddle it would deactivate the fan. Perhaps hi tech for it's day, but wow... stone age by todays standards. Yet, this was still on someones car. Nobody knew what it was.

So, in short.. yes, you have a right to be :mad: . But you don't always know the story... perhaps the next week at the track those same 2 TRs cracked off 13s or even 12s.

Some of you need to calm down, you seem to have missed the point of the story. First of all the only things still stock on my car are the driveshaft, rear, and turbo. After the new cam the turbo spooled up so nice, I just never felt the need to change it. I dont have any time slips since the motor was rebuilt but I crushed (3 car lengths) my buddies 01' Z28 last april from 30mph rolling and at a dead stop (I've seen it turn a 12.95). My whole point was that this guy caught me sleeping and I paid for it. I dont care if you have a 10 second car, if someone even in a 12/13 sec car blasts by you while you're cruisin along in overdrive you WILL lose as well. :mad: