I dont know about this...

T

T Type TOM

here we go...
setup- orion hcca275g4 amp 1200 watts at 12 volts at 1ohm mono
orion hcca 12"sub dual 2 ohm voice coil. orion gives lifetime warrentys on their subs if they are used with their amps.
The amp has an 180 amp draw at max peak so i would have to put a new 200+ alternator in...but here is the thing..
I am gonna be running another amp for the high so do you think i should take the ac compressor out and bolt in another alternator just for the hcca amp?
I think it would need its own alternator cause i have performance mods that need amps and i couldent have the system taking them all.
Is it possable to hook up another alternator?
I have had the setup for a while but ran out of funds so i had to abort the project but i might want to do it sometime in the future.
Sub needs a 2.25-2.5 cubic foot box. Orion had this sub hitting 150 decibls with my amp. I am not new to the audio field, but let me know what you think

You can put another alt. if you want, but what it needs is a couple of batteries or one big battery with the 180 amp alt.

I was running 1,145 watts in my show truck with a 200 amp Lestek alt. and a Ford tractor battery and it was plenty enough power supply and it was hitting 143 db in '90. Its up to you and what you want to spend, I would get some serious battery power to use along with the 180 amp alt and you will be fine and more cost effective. My 200 amp alt. had no problem keeping the Ford tractor battery charged at all times.

Honestly one high output Alt would run your system just fine, your not going to be operating it a full boogie all the time are ya? What you need is capacity, and batteries is what capacity is all about:D Make sure you run the proper size cables and a decent isolater. I've had good luck with Deep cycle fork truck bat's, major drawback....they are HEAVY!!!!

Ya, I would have to say go with a couple of batterys in your system. What size of power cables are you running, and do you have a upgraded charging lead off the alt? Also bigger is better when it comes to power wire, it puts less strain on the electrical system.