I am going to submit a new tax structure to the legislation regarding automobiles.

Sinical

So I've been thinking, certain automobiles seem to be moving further and further away from a fun/enjoyable hobby for most enthusiasts and closer to an investement strategy for greedy hoarding collectors/investors. To curb some of this nonsense I have come up with a few loose ideas that would keep everything in balance. Here are my thoughts. Obviously some of this would need some tweaking but the base theory is solid.

1) All vehicles will be subject to a minimum mileage inspection each year. There will be different tiers of mileage with different taxes asessed based on the tier. This tax will be a vehicle "capital gains" tax and will be based off of similar vehicles being sold at auctions and data gathered by the "P.R.I.C.C." (Private and Recreational or Investment Car Committee).

2) There will be 3 different tiers of mileage that all vehicles will fall under with the new PRICC guidelines.

0-500 annual miles driven (or equivalent km)
501-1999 annual miles driven (or equivalent km)
2000+ annual miles driven (or equivalent km)

0-500 miles: If your vehicle(s) fall within this guideline per calendar year your vehicle is deemed "investment" only. Regardless if the value of said vehicle(s)has gone up or down you will be charged a 25% tax surcharge of the vehicles fair market value.

501-1999: If your vehicle(s) fall within this guideline per calendar year your vehicle is deemed "occasional/recreational" vehicle. This constitutes a vehicle that is driven semi-regulraly and/or seasonally and a 10% surcharge of the vehicles fair market value will be penalized.

2000+: If your vehicle(s) fall within this guideline you are free and clear and are awarded a monetary incentive to help offset the mileage incurred (up to a certain point). This will come from the taxes assessed on the other 2 categories.

With this plan we will weed out the hoarding and "investing" that is ruining the hobby for all the true enthusiasts that actually drive and enjoy their vehicles. Once taxes are asessed this will cause many to either drive and enjoy the vehicles or sell to enthusiasts who will. A win/win in my opinion. This will also curb the "project car" hoarding and make people either finish that so called "project" or sell to someone who can/will. Certain provisions will be made for project cars that have visible and obvious progress. I.E. the rusting hulk behind your barn that's sat for 10 years doesn't count.

This plan is being introduced to help this hobby and keep it a viable hobby for the average enthusiast for years to come. Afterall, mileage is the true manner for which a vehicle's "enjoyment factor" should be measured, not "show awards" and or number of cars piled into a storage facility.

Thank you for your time and support.

Yours Truly,

The PRICC.

This is just about the dumbest thing I ever heard of.

If you realy want a GNX just save your money and buy one, dont try to make it harder for collectors and other people to own them.

Let people do what they want with their money. If they realy want garage furniture thats their problem. Look at it this way, Its going to be a real nice car for the next owner that might actually enjoy it.

If you dont have the money for a real one just build you own like I did, but then again you will probably dream up some other stipid idea like this one because of the price of the parts you need to do it right.

Has nothing to do with the price of the cars and wether or not one can or can not afford a certain car. Has to do with the cars being driven. If it gets driven and enjoyed you're OK (we could always tweak the mileage stipulations, just threw those out there for arguments sake) if you're nothing more than a collector with a storage shed. You pay the price. :)

This hobby is still viable for the enthusiasts. If prices go to high for the car you want, bring your sites down to something you can afford.

Have you ever heard of Cap Gains Taxes. If you sell the car for more than you paid, you have to pay them. If you sell it for less than you paid, no tax deduction.

Just what we need, another government infringement, all to satisfy people who cannot afford the high priced brand.

Lol I consider my GN a "driver" and I probably still don't hit 500 miles a year. Just don't have the time or the nice weather to do it.

what about cars that don't get driven during a particular becasue they are down for repairs that the owner can't afford to do?
is it still an investment, and as such, does the owner get the privilige of paying extra taxes on it?
i put maybe 500 miles on my 81 Ford F250 4X4 truck last year- most of it with a bed full of scrap iron- is that thing an investment, as well? what about farm vehicles that don't get driven much?

This is just about the dumbest thing I ever heard of.

If you realy want a GNX just save your money and buy one, dont try to make it harder for collectors and other people to own them.

Let people do what they want with their money. If they realy want garage furniture thats their problem. Look at it this way, Its going to be a real nice car for the next owner that might actually enjoy it.

If you dont have the money for a real one just build you own like I did, but then again you will probably dream up some other stipid idea like this one because of the price of the parts you need to do it right.

just about sum's it up :cool: the way I look at it its YOUR car and do whatever ya want with it !!! :rolleyes: