Hydroboost swap?

mtm864

Im getting closer to having the motor build done and i saw a magazine showing the hyrdo swap. My question is where can i get the kit or the parts to make the swap possible? I will be adding sloted and drilled rotors. So if anyone can give me some info on it let me know! Thanks guys!

Are you talking about the article in GM High Tech Performance?

The swap is easily done with 83/84 TR parts. You can get everything you need for less than $250 ... even less if you are a boneyard shopper. I got my parts from Advance Auto. Check out Keith's excellent thread on the swap.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/how-tos/307690-powermaster-hydroboost-conversion.html

You can always go with a more expensive shiny kit if you so desire, but the above is a good workable solution for the budget minded TR enthusiast. ;)

yes that is the article i was talking about i onl got the book because it had the GN in it lol

Doing my tomorrow. Rock Auto had the best deal on the booster, Adv auto for the rest (used BIG20) for discount code. Think its good for a little while longer??? Hope I dont run into any snags!

GBodyparts.com has the conversion kit, used $225, new $395. Both say comes with replacement brake pedal.