HydroBoost Pedal????

jdpolzin

I have an ACDelco new HydroBoost kit for a hot air coming my way. I have the factory hoses coming as well. My question is, what brake pedal fits the Hydroboost? Vacuum Pedal? I have a vacuum kit in the car now so if that pedal will work, that would be great!!!! -----Jeremy

I switched from powermaster to hydroboost and used the same pedal. Since the vac pedal and powermaster pedal are different, I think you may need to swap.

OK, can anyone verify this for sure? I will have to look for a Power Master pedal if that is the case. Thanks for the info!

Yes the PowerMaster and Hydraboost use the same pedal which is different than the vacuum pedal.:smile:

Hydroboost Conversion

HI GUYS! I have been busy moving Power Brake for a sometime, and have not been on for awhile. Delco aftermarket does have some truck hydroboosts they can get from a grandfathered in deal with Bosch, but there is no direct bolt on unit for the Buick or any car, from Delco or Bosch. We designed our own mounting brackets to line up with the Powermaster pedal. We also use a different bracket/rod combo if someone is using the vacuum pedal, or for other G bodies. The G.N. s used a special angle bracket to change the pedal ratio to a higher pin location on the pedal. The hydroboost and the Powermaster both use the higher pin location. The vacuum booster uses a small 7/8" master, compared to the Powermaster's 1 1/4" piston, so that pin location is lower to stroke the little master farther. We have a special O.E. contract with Bosch, (the successor to Bendix) for new Hydroboosts, but the brackets and rods HAVE to be changed to fit the G.N. The rods are crimped in, and usually the booster will be destoyed, trying to pull out the rod, without a special puller. Check rod angle closely before bolting it on! With our move, only the 800 504 1060 tech/order line is available for now.

HI GUYS! I have been busy moving Power Brake for a sometime, and have not been on for awhile. Delco aftermarket does have some truck hydroboosts they can get from a grandfathered in deal with Bosch, but there is no direct bolt on unit for the Buick or any car, from Delco or Bosch. We designed our own mounting brackets to line up with the Powermaster pedal. We also use a different bracket/rod combo if someone is using the vacuum pedal, or for other G bodies. The G.N. s used a special angle bracket to change the pedal ratio to a higher pin location on the pedal. The hydroboost and the Powermaster both use the higher pin location. The vacuum booster uses a small 7/8" master, compared to the Powermaster's 1 1/4" piston, so that pin location is lower to stroke the little master farther. We have a special O.E. contract with Bosch, (the successor to Bendix) for new Hydroboosts, but the brackets and rods HAVE to be changed to fit the G.N. The rods are crimped in, and usually the booster will be destoyed, trying to pull out the rod, without a special puller. Check rod angle closely before bolting it on! With our move, only the 800 504 1060 tech/order line is available for now.

I am using an OEM ACDelco HydroBoost unit for an 84 GN. I will post a picture of what I bought. I will need the reseviour and I am wondering what all parts I will need. Can you help? I have the ACDelco hoses as well. Are there gaskets I will need with the reseviour?? How about the two bolts that hold the reseviour onto the HydroBoost unit?

Attachments

• hydroboost.jpg
    hydroboost.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 229
I am using an OEM ACDelco HydroBoost unit for an 84 GN. I will post a picture of what I bought. I will need the reseviour and I am wondering what all parts I will need. Can you help? I have the ACDelco hoses as well. Are there gaskets I will need with the reseviour?? How about the two bolts that hold the reseviour onto the HydroBoost unit?

Bob

X2 - I also picked up OEM Hydroboost that needs master. Any recommendations.

dave

I just went to the parts store and bought a rebuilt master for $15. Cant go wrong with this set up!