Hydralic Lifter Specs

regal454

The Poon Guru
Does anyone know if a Buick flat tappet hydralic lifter is any different than a SBC hydralic lifter? They both appear to be the same height and .842 diameter. I'm asking because I dropped a lifter and chipped one while assembling my motor and just need one. Happen to have a few new SBC lifters here.

The pushrod seat is lower, meaning you will need longer pushrods. Other that that, they are the same.

If you use SBC flat tappet hydraulic lifters you can use Melling MPR 387 pushrods and it will give you the same preload as a buick lifter and stock buick pushrods. That way you can use the good delphi SBC lifters.
you can also switch the cups from your FACTORY buick gm lifters into the sbc delphi lifters and use your stock pushrods. :smile: hope this helps.
Keech

If you use SBC flat tappet hydraulic lifters you can use Melling MPR 387 pushrods and it will give you the same preload as a buick lifter and stock buick pushrods. That way you can use the good delphi SBC lifters.
you can also switch the cups from your FACTORY buick gm lifters into the sbc delphi lifters and use your stock pushrods. :smile: hope this helps.
Keech

isnt the oil hole too far to the top in a SBC lifter to be safe on a high lift cam?

A.j.

Thank You

Appreciate the help guys. I actually noticed that this morning when I took a closer look at it. NAPA stocked the Speed Pro H969 lifter, so I picked up one there today.