hybrid fuel issues........

tbkustomz

Turbo_T
watsup guys i have a 79 malibu with 87 drivetrain.....im having issues with the fuel system....to start of im not getting any fuel pressure wat so ever..i changed the pump about 4 times now ..took my lines out to check if they were pinched and nothing.replaced the fuel filter and nothing,so i ran it straight with no filter...i have a fuel pressure guege and a accufab fuel pres reg...i here the pump go on and it does give me some gas becuase i took the line of the fpr and gas comes out but not in pressure wise.....but when i left the line connected to the fpr and i took it of the fuel rail it would not drip one drop of gas. ..so yea any help would be great or ideas...thats all i need to do to have my car running that ive been working on for like 2 years....thanks tone...also wen i put gas in my doghouse it starts right up so it has to be something with the fuel.....injectors are new

Do you have the fuel supply line pushing pressure into the fuel rail and the return coming off the bottom of the FPR back to tank?
From the wording of your message it sounds like you might have the lines swapped.
Correct hookup flows this way:

Start at tank-
Strainer-
Pump-
Filter
Fuel rail-
fuel regulator- (outlet at bottom with threaded fitting, inled on side with 2 bolts and o-ring)
return line-
back into tank-

Forgive me if you have already checked this but mistakes happen! Hooked up backwards it will damage the fuel pump if it tried to run too long without any flow. If it has been hooked up backwards at the engine, the pump may be damaged and still not run even with correct connections.

Respectfully,
David

fuel

hey i had the post in another thread or watever someguy helped me out and i got it started thanks tho......tone