HR Parts motor mounts- too high??

tnt6

I just did a frame off and dropped the motor back in on these mounts and now the engine appears to be sitting quite high(higher than I recall) when compared to my friends stock set up..

the other reason I can tell the motor is higher is the wiper arm assembly connection directly above the coil pack now hits the spark plug boot when I move it.

In the directions for the mounts it speaks to taking a pin out of the mounts to let the engine sit lower..so I may call them about that move....would like to hear if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to resolve it.

I am also running Champion's racing intake which seems alittle taller than the stock intake as well

feedback is appreciated

I just installed mine and I have the same issue. I did a complete engine swap and haven't gotten the TR-6 mounted yet but it was very difficult to get the engine bolted to the tranny because my passenger valve cover is 1/8th of an inch from the plate that covers the heater box. Thought about putting the stock motor mount back on the passenger side but I'm going to try to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c50b13370683ac9473b10f3a93c85e4c.jpg

I put the stock coil pack on for reference. I don't think the wiper assembly should be an issue from just the mounts. With the Tr6 on its pretty close to the hood.

after some more research and head scratching...it seems my issue has less to do with the motor mounts and more to do with the champion racing intake being taller and the upper plenum being longer in effect pushing the coil pack and mounting bracket closer to the firewall than the stock set up. Which is where the interference issue with the wiper assembly is occurring..so my next set is to customize(cut) the coil pack tray to allow it to move forward and closer to the upper plenum. With this modification it should give me a 3/4 to 1 inch move forward or away from the firewall and that should take care of my issue...I hope