how to wire scan master to work with xfi 2.05 2nd com port

chasmat2316

I'm looking to wire up my scan master for xfi to work using the 2nd com port . can anyone tell me what terminals go to the green,white,and black wires? also I'm using a caspers harness for the xfi.

caspers doesnt matter , you need to add pins

its in the CCom WP pinout chart ...goto help> index > 3.0 pin out chart ... look at com #0 pins and the description next to them

heres something that cal hartline posted and i copied a while back

" I have been receiving a bunch of calls about how to rewire the Scanmaster & eDash to use the new com port that is available with the 2.05 software upgrade. You will need 3 XFI pins, 2 small and one large. Once you have these, cut the plug off the eDash/Scanmaster cable.

Put a small pin on the red wire and insert into XFI cavity C30 (Blue plug)
Put a small pin on the white wire and insert into XFI cavity C31 (Blue plug)
Put a large pin on the black wire and insert into XFI cavity D12 (Smallest Grey Plug)

To insert a wire into an XFI plug, you will need to push the white release tab out. It will only extend about 1/16". One you have inserted the pins, be sure to relock the white tab.

If you purchased the eDash/Scanmaster from us and would prefer to have me repin it, I will do it free of charge.

"

caspers doesnt matter , you need to add pins

its in the CCom WP pinout chart ...goto help> index > 3.0 pin out chart ... look at com #0 pins and the description next to them

heres something that cal hartline posted and i copied a while back

" I have been receiving a bunch of calls about how to rewire the Scanmaster & eDash to use the new com port that is available with the 2.05 software upgrade. You will need 3 XFI pins, 2 small and one large. Once you have these, cut the plug off the eDash/Scanmaster cable.

Put a small pin on the red wire and insert into XFI cavity C30 (Blue plug)
Put a small pin on the white wire and insert into XFI cavity C31 (Blue plug)
Put a large pin on the black wire and insert into XFI cavity D12 (Smallest Grey Plug)

To insert a wire into an XFI plug, you will need to push the white release tab out. It will only extend about 1/16". One you have inserted the pins, be sure to relock the white tab.

If you purchased the eDash/Scanmaster from us and would prefer to have me repin it, I will do it free of charge.

"
ok thanx do you know if the wiring you quoted from Cal is for the e-dash or scan master?

looks like the edash , the SM you wire the red power separately
just look at the sm plug when plugged in the com plug and compare the wires at the other end of the standard com plug, thats com #1
look at the pinout chart for com #1 , now pin the SM plug wires into com 0# the same way , you can run the power feed to a switched power like B17 on xfi (splice in)