How to test an amp?

Powder

I recently upgraded my stereo system while the car was down for engine mods. I installed a new Pioneer head unit and a Kenworth sub amp for my single 10" sub that rides in the back seat. Had it working fine until I fired up the car and went for a test drive and discovered the sub wasn't working.
I checked to see if any connections from head unit, battery, or whatever were disturbed and everything checked out.
The power indicator light is on but nothing is happening. Any way to check the amp?
I have a working spare amp that I could connect to check everything in front of the amp if necessary. Any help will be much appreciated. Also, all amps and battery are in the trunk.
MLH

Try checking the voltage of the remote turn on wire that comes from the receiver. Take a known to be good speaker and unhook the sub and hook that know good speaker to your sub speaker wires. Also check all of the fuses going to and on your amp. One more thing, check to see if you may have turned the sub off with the controls on your receiver.

Did you say that you have the sub in the back seat? That needs to be securely mounted. If you get into an accident, your sub becomes a deadly 50 pound missile, aimed directly at your azz!!!!

Good luck.

If the sub amps power light is on, you have power...... your problem may be getting the music through the amp. Check your RCA's. Also, if somethings wrong with the remote turn on wire (blown fuse) your amp will not turn on unless you jump the remote wire and main power wire together.

NOTE: check the wires inside your sub box, they may have fell off if they were not secured......... HTH

Thanks for the input. I checked fuses and turn on wire, no change. So I took the path of least resistance and swapped in my old amp with same hookups. It works fine. I think that means my new amp is tits up. I'm going to call Crutchfield tomorrow and discuss it with them. Thanks again for the help.
MLH

Thanks for the input. I checked fuses and turn on wire, no change. So I took the path of least resistance and swapped in my old amp with same hookups. It works fine. I think that means my new amp is tits up. I'm going to call Crutchfield tomorrow and discuss it with them. Thanks again for the help.
MLH

What model is the kenwood amp?

Most of the kenwood amps has in and outputs rca's. Maybe you pluged in the wrong one?