how to tell if its a real gn??

84gnLA

I recently purchased a 1984 t-top grand national, but now i'm not certain if its a real grand national or a t-type. Its my first turbo buick (my dream car) so i dont know much about this cars...yet. It does have the Lear Siegler interior but i recently discovered that it was also an option for t-types in 1984. I tried decoding the vin but i believe that all grand nationals in 84 the vin reads as t-types..true? The paint is black but it some parts where the paint has began to peal it shows signs of red. I am not sure if it was painted red at one point or it came red originally from the manufacture. Are they any other ways to find out if its a T-type or GN??...Any help would be appreciated

Look at the inside of the turnk like for the SPID label. That holds all the info on how the car was built. One you have all the codes go to GNTtype.org and you can find the code list over there which should tell you.:)

Thank You!!!
yes i used GNTtype.org to help me decode my vin, its a very helpful site..but for the trunk label sticker it only shows how to read 85-87. I will compare and hopefully it helps

in 84 and 85, a GN is a T Type with a spoiler on the trunk and an air dam on the front.. does it have the stock wheels? if so, which style are they- the good looking turbine wheels that look like the wheels on the General Lee that the GN's got or the fugly abominations that the non-GN T Types got? i think the GN's got a "Grand National" horn button and the T Types have a "T Type" horn button.. some of this stuff is easily swapped, but can provide clues..