How to lube the speedometer cable?

hemity

86 T-Type
I am getting a fair amount of noise out of my speedometer cable. More when it is cold. Years ago thay had a fitting that went on the end of the cable on the transmission side and shot grease up throw it.
What about these cars?

I used an ear drop thing with some gear oil.
Not shore if it’s a "proper" method but it worked great
And never had a problem/noise again.
i did pull the cluster and did it from the S gauge connection

Is that the connection near the wiper motor?

That thing is stuck on my car - going out to lube it so I can lube it inside :)

No.
In the dash behind the gauge cluster, this connect the cable from the Speed odometer then poor the oil into it(cable).

The problem is our cable is a two piece design. The two pieces screw together in the vicinity of the powermaster unit. I found that after lubing the bottom half my needle still bounces. So I figured the problem was in the upper half. Turbofish38 sells a replacement 1 piece unit that was reasonably priced. There is a bit more labor involved though.
Good Luck.

my bad i was going from my old transplant car (1984 Monte) i guess in the prosses i ended with a one peice from the trans to the Cluster (complete GN dash was also transplanted)
Sorry guys but i tried.

Could this problem give an annoying vibration noise that seems like its coming out the center of the dash?? I just noticed mine doing it on the interstate once the weather finally cooled down and the noise is driving me nuts!

Seems like that could be it. Mine gets worse when it is colder it kinda squeeky also.

Could this problem give an annoying vibration noise that seems like its coming out the center of the dash?? I just noticed mine doing it on the interstate once the weather finally cooled down and the noise is driving me nuts!

that sounds like the hood bumper - a rubber thing under the hood - put some grease on it

put some grease on the center rubber hood support by the windshield. happens to all g-bodies, it will fix it.

Speedo cables IMO...don't like thick grease. Use lube that is specific,most stores have it. Or a thin oil. I have had god luck use parts store 1 peice replacement for the 2 peice design.