how to know if my 87 is a turbo limited

06superduty

i bought my 87 turbo t and i was wondering if there is a web site that i can go to and give them my vin and they can give me the run down on everything about my car like how many cars that year were made in my color with the color of my interior. what number my car is out of how many there were made. if it is a limited or not things like that. i have a rare mustang and there was a web site i went to for that info on a mustang i was hoping there was one for Buicks. the previous owner de-badged the car so i dont know if it said limited or Regal on the rear quarters. any info would be helpful. thank you

No website that I am aware of, but I'm sure the people here can help if you post things like the option code label in the trunk and maybe some pics of the car.

Whether it's a limited or not is easy though, what interior is in the car...Limiteds had different door panels and seats among other things.

i hope i did this right here is a picture of the interior.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 211
cool thats good to know and thank you yea the interior is in great shape going to redo the headliner over the winter that was the only thing bad in the inside typical headliner dropping. already have the headliner material i ordered from this place on line it was a perfect match. and as for the rest of the car as you can see from the pics it has no rust on but a little on the corner of the deck lid little bit of rust bubbling other than that the car is clean never been in accident and has been garage keep 95% of its life.

the guy that had it before me bought it in 1995 and only put less than 5000 miles on it and done some mods to it other than that the car sat in a heated garage.

the guy that bought it brand new worked at the GM tech center in Warren, Mi and was in his 50s at the time when the guy i bought it from bought it from him. at that time the car was completely stock just a chip typical mod back then.

Attachments

• 4937931706_2b9b556386_b.jpg
    4937931706_2b9b556386_b.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 201
yes they do. :cool:

Actually....................
Eric Fisher straightened me out on this a few years ago. I saw a Limited with a floor shift console on ebay. Eric opened up his books & showed me where you could order a Limited with a console & a floor shift. It was the only one I had ever seen. I Know it had a Burgundy interior.

Didn't the limiteds have the lower turn signals (or whatever you call them) in the front fenders too?

I have pieced out my share of Limiteds and watch for them. Never saw one with a floor shift BUT I bet I can "make one" here :p Cornering lights were on reg Ts to..

The limited to my knowledge only had the front and rear panels special, dash plaque, and badges. Everything else was not standard. I have an 86 NA limited with opera lights, digital dash, touch climate control, cornering lamps, Twilight, Power seats, door panel lights, and Landau top :D

I have pieced out my share of Limiteds and watch for them. Never saw one with a floor shift BUT I bet I can "make one" here :p Cornering lights were on reg Ts to..

Dan I'm right there with you on never seeing one in person. I'm sure both of us could build A GNX t-top Limited with the amount of parts we have.

I saw the one on e-bay & said why would some one do that to a Limited. Eric pulled up a book showing that you could order it. I'm not saying it was ordered like that or couldn't have been swapped. I'm just saying Eric showed me where it could have been ordered like that. I didn't work for GM since I was 18, he did. I'm a show me kind of person also.