how to fix rocker panels?

ScottyRegal

I have my passenger side rocker panel showing bubbles on it so i poked it and my finger went thru...hahaa ....well turns out theres a ****load of rust bits inside of it, i already ordered postons rocker panel.....is this a easy fix for a body shop...it looks complicated....they will need to cut out the old one and place the new rocker panel on, and then seem weld it on the top and to the bottom as well i assume... im guessing this sucker will be a pretty penny!!!
is there a insert to the rocker panel...or its just hollow behind the rocker panel??
on another note i took sand paper and sanded the inside of my new rocker panel...then primer rustoleum painted it and gloss black painted over it twice, super heavy duty protectant...so this will never rust again!!!!! i hope it all works out well.

You need to purchase something called weld through primer to cover the inside of the pannel. Duplicolor makes it. As soon as the bodyshop starts welding on your new pannel, the rustoleum will burn off leaving your metal exposed.

ScottyRegal said:
that weld thru....can it be applied over the rustoleom i already put down...or is it too late?
No, the weld-thru coatings have to be applied to clean metal surface.